582 Oil Injection Removal

Tex

Tex, In my earlier post, I forgot to mention that my top tank, ( I have the aluminum one ), gravity feeds into the belly tank and I`ve run the vent hoses from both tanks, high enough up the the verticle post, just behind the top tank, so that no fuel can escape.

Cheers,

Frank. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

I have 2 tornado 503's the one with premix suffered from rotting fuelines and insulation on the wiring below the carbs. I am guessing modern fuel lines aren't designed to handle the acidity of 2 stroke oil

ft, I`ve never had rotting fuel lines in 26 years,but of course, everything has a use by date and it needs to be replaced before it goes rotten!

Otboard motor fuel line shouldn`t go rotten as most 2 stroke motors use premixed fuel....I`m currently using that type of fuel line and it`s been on for 4 years.

Frank.

Hi

Few years ago l used the blue fuel line from Wade Air and it cracked in two months of use, now

l use automotive injection fuel line on my 503 and have never had problem in three years.

cheers Geoff..

ft, that`s what I thought!

I`ve seen that type of hose, from the supplier you`ve mentioned, go what I would call rotten, in just a few months, when being used as fuel line.

The hose I`m talking about, developed a lot of bubbles within the wall and some were blackish in colour. This hose could have failed at any time, allowing the fuel to escape.

Frank.