Book on clouds from BoM

rdarby

I remember at Avalon the Post Office stall was selling a book on clouds that was from the Bureau of Meteorology (I think).

Does anyone know what it is? Searching for "book on clouds" isn't getting me the Xmas present I want!

I remember at Avalon the Post Office stall was selling a book on clouds that was from the Bureau of Meteorology (I think).Does anyone know what it is? Searching for "book on clouds" isn't getting me the Xmas present I want!

Rdarby,

Here is a list of BOM publications - one of these might jog your memory - some good ones for free too.

http://reg.bom.gov.au/info/catalogue/pbscat.pdf

You might be thinking of "Wonders of the Weather" by BOM - it has a picture of clouds on the front. Storm Spotters' handbook has clouds, but it is just a booklet 24 pages designed for the Storm Spotter Volunteers to identify severe storms for reporting purposes - but good info - just not Coffee Table standard (and it has a thunderstorm on the front).

Good luck

Sue

I remember at Avalon the Post Office stall was selling a book on clouds that was from the Bureau of Meteorology (I think).Does anyone know what it is? Searching for "book on clouds" isn't getting me the Xmas present I want!

Hi Rdarby,

The one I have from BOM is titled "Manual of Aviation Meteorology" ISBN 978-0-9578991-7-9. Cost about $60 if I remember. Covers the whole meteorology topic including clouds if you want to go a bit further into the weather area....

Cheers

Neil