What does your avatar tell us about you.

Guernsey

Hi there Guys, Galls and even Emus,

We have some very good Avatars that some members use and I was just curious as to why we use a particular one. Some people use a photo of themselves, many use a photo of their aircraft or the type they fly, some use a photo of the type they would like to fly and others use animals.

How about letting us know the reasons.

As you know mine is a photo of my Son-in-Laws aircraft which I fly but since I love animals and it is often said that some people look like their animals, should I change my Avatar to the photo of a Guernsey Cow? 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

You had better open up the picture, I do have a beautiful face.

Guernsey-cow-photo-england.jpg.cbce85b393c756e7686783f28376d39a.jpg

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me flying a J120... photo is about 12 months old so I should update it shouldn't I.

Yes but if it's another photo of yourself please remove the glasses as we don't want you making a 'spectacle' of yourself and I want to see if your are as good looking as Pud. babe.gif.538cdeac3b1a1b72d121d00509ec140e.gif

Alan.

Me flying a J120... photo is about 12 months old so I should update it shouldn't I.

Depends Tomo, since your very young.Not a bad idea, You will still look young.Me on the other hand, my picture is about 12 months old as well.Me being a little bit older, I think I will keep mine.I seem to be ageing at a faster rate these days.lol

• Like 1

Yes but if it's another photo of yourself please remove the glasses as we don't want you making a 'spectacle' of yourself and I want to see if your are as good looking as Pud. babe.gif.538cdeac3b1a1b72d121d00509ec140e.gifAlan.

Well eye'll see about that then...

Edit:

Happy now? 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• Like 1

Well I'll be jiggery pokered, you haven't changed a bit.

I've edited my above post so as not to draw attention from the thread... but there you go, changed the picture to a recent one, just a fortnight ago in-fact. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Your turn Pud... poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif

Wow....now we are going to see a lot more female forum members.

I am here.

Brian posts most of the time...and we used to have a POP forum for us girls.

Now on the subject of avatar.

That's our plane and was taken Melbourne Cup weekend at Swan Hill with a brand new Kingair for the RFDS in the background, so it's fairly recent.

-Linda

Hi there Guys, Galls and even Emus,We have some very good Avatars that some members use and I was just curious as to why we use a particular one. Some people use a photo of themselves, many use a photo of their aircraft or the type they fly, some use a photo of the type they would like to fly and others use animals.

As you know mine is a photo of my Son-in-Laws aircraft which I fly but since I love animals and it is often said that some people look like their animals, should I change my Avatar to the photo of a Guernsey Cow? 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Haven't had any response as to whether I should change my Avatar.

Alan.

I would rather look @ your quasar than a cow

Definition: A quasar is an astronomical entity that emits incredibly high levels of electromagnetic radiation (including light). The amount of energy emitted by a quasar dwarfs even the brightest stars, making them favorites of astrophysicists and cosmologists who wish to study distant space.

There are over 60,000 known quasars, all of which appear to be very distant from us (based upon the observed redshift). The closest known quasar is 780 million light-years away.

Many scientists believe that a quasar is created by matter interacting with supermassive black holes. This would appear to explain the high energy output and the rapid variability observed in their luminosity. The quasar is formed when matter falling into the black hole is flung back out, creating superheated beams of energy . 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

How's this Geurnsey?[ATTACH=full]15932[/ATTACH]

OME

That is unbelieveable, where did you get that photo from??? That looks exactly the same as a cow we had in a field behind our house that I used to milk regularly.

I can recall that my first attempts were a bit rough as I used to tug and pull a bit too hard and the farmer said that I had no consideration for 'udders'. (nothings changed).

A Flying Guernsey Cow registered with RaaUs.....can't wait to get to Natfly.

Being serious for 4 seconds, would you mind if I used that as my Avatar OME ?

You haven't told us why you chose the Emu.

Alan.

Now that throws a completely different light on the saying I learned as a child.

Little birdie up on high dropped a message from the sky, it landed in the farmers eye who said its a damn good job those cows can't fly. 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

Alan.

Hi there Guys, Galls and even Emus,We have some very good Avatars that some members use and I was just curious as to why we use a particular one. Some people use a photo of themselves, many use a photo of their aircraft or the type they fly, some use a photo of the type they would like to fly and others use animals.

It's a pity you're not from Jersey, now they're really pretty.

My avatar is from another hobby a bit divorced from aviation. It is a 1926 Fowler steam roller which I have been "preserving" since I bought it in 1964 aged 17.