Lake Hume Crash

how does this sound: a hot shot RAA pilot tries a low fly-by at a well know RAA fly-in and clips the ground the aircraft fireballs into a group of spectators. The subsequent ATSB investigation finds that the pilot was well known for his antics, he even went as far as uploading video onto youtube. That video was posted on a internet forum frequented by RAA pilots, representatives and staff. One of the widows sues.

A GPS logger would act as a deterrent, even if it didn't record every flight its presence would still make people think twice about doing stuff outside the RAA regs.

• Like 1

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Photoshop Frank , does almost look real though, but you can't fool us Southerners !!Bob

Bob,I know that wasn`t the fishin you mentioned, but I just had to,cause you southerners only got sharks that big.007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif,

Seriously though!.That photo is real... The fish was caught out of my boat, by the guy holding it....I took the photo... I don`t have Photoshop and wouldn`t know how to use if I did.

Cheers,

Frank. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

...... The subsequent ATSB investigation finds that the pilot was well known for his antics, he even went as far as uploading video onto youtube. That video was posted on a internet forum frequented by RAA pilots, representatives and staff. ...

There is your answer "...the pilot was well known for his antics, he even went as far as uploading video onto youtube....".

So why did no one report him ... I would argue that by those to whom his antics were 'well known' not reporting him, they were complicit in enabling his activities ...

Who is going to pay for all this GPS logging? And do you really think if they are that bad in behaviour they wouldn't figure a way of disabling it when they they were in 'antic' mode?

is this thread still about a crash in hume dam?

Good point. This thread has been closed to further replies as it has diverged way beyond the original topic and export/importing the wayward posts between appropriate forums is not practical. Any follow up discussion is to be posted to a new thread in the appropriate area.

Incident related i.e. how, where, when, why and how to avoid doing the same on www.recreationalflying.com

RAAus specific issues i.e. registration and membership compliance and grass roots v's plastic politics on www.recreationalflying.com

Edit: updated