First Solo!!!!!

Great feeling Jake and well done

I now wish I had a video of my first solo for the grand kids

thinking back I reckon I also landed left of centre line. Probably due to many miles of driving on the left

still do occasionally with late correction required

Must be built in

keep up the good work

best regards

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bit of a bump here, but I've just found out that the Foxbat is no longer available for me to do lessons in indefinitely.

So next time I do some lessons I think, not 100% sure, that they will be in a Jabiru LSA 55. On one hand this is cool because I get to fly another type, and I've heard they are a challenge. But on the other hand it means I have to switch aircraft halfway through my training, and also I can see lessons being uncomfortable as I have sat in an LSA 55 before and have to stoop my neck forward to stop my head hitting the roof...

Like I said I'm not 100% sure this will be the case, as all I know for sure is the replacement will be a Jabiru (hoping for a 160 or 170) of some sort but seeing as an LSA was also being used by the school prior to this it is most likely it will be the case.

Guest davidh10

It's a good thing to not get used to just the one aircraft. During my training, after the first 3 hours, the CFI said "you are getting too used to this aircraft, so we'll take another one next flight". I moved between three trikes that all had different flying characteristics. Two 912-Streak-3 trikes, one of which I now own, and an SST. Even the two Streak-3 trikes behaved differently.

It is good to learn to fly, rather than just to deal with the characteristics of the one machine.

I could make a rude comment about Jabirus and one of the things that we do a lot of practise for, during training, but I won't ;-)

Even when I passed my car driving test, it was only the second time in that vehicle. The first time was booking in for the test. I had my early formal lessons in a Holden Torana "4 on the floor", then went for my license in a Falcon 500 with "3 on the column".

Don't sweat it Jake. It's all good. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif