Airstrip north cardwell Qld

Russ

Does anybody know if this strip is ok to use, grass is mowed, things look neat and tidy, but the entrance gates are well and truly padlocked.

Strip is just north of cardwell, near to coast area.

Does anybody know if this strip is ok to use, grass is mowed, things look neat and tidy, but the entrance gates are well and truly padlocked.Strip is just north of cardwell, near to coast area.

I wondered the same thing about a year ago and was advised that it was mainly used for RFDS , Conservation and other emergencies (cyclones) etc. but it certainly looks to be well maintained and I would not hesitate to use it in an emergency. Some of our N.Q. members should be able to clarify its status .

Bob

Guest Maj Millard

If it is the strip about 20 north of Cardwell, and just East of the highway running parallel, it'll be Dallachy. It's fairly long with a shed or two at the Northern end. Last I heard it is a public-use strip administered by the Cardwell authorities, or the Cassorwary coast council or whoever they are now.............surface was a bit rough last time I used it, so if you have a training wheel you may want to take care................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

spoken to the council chap that controls the strip...............all welcome to use it, key will be issued to users on request. The guy is on holidays, back in the office in about 3 weeks, will put his details here shortly.

• 6 years later...