Temora 2012

Mackay777

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending what day/days you want to go up and back I will have a spare spot in the car from Canberra. I don't know whether I am just going up for a day (which day it will be either) or an overnighter at this stage though. Will define as I get closer to the event. When I decide I'll post and you can get a lift either one way/both ways/ or not, as you want. 032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

Phil

So... if you wanted to go to Temora by road (RPT/Bus/train) what would be the best route?Looks like an RPT to Canberra and a bus from there?

Win, don't know if you can get a discount but Virgin flies jets into Albury from Sydney. Otherwise Rex and QLink fly Sydney to Wagga. From both Wagga and Albury you can catch a train to Cootamundra and bus to Temora. But Canberra-Temora may be a less circuitous route.

Yeah... What is the Fog in Albury like at that time of the year? I am very, very familiar with Albury and it's weather!!! Fog in Albury means hard work in Mackay playing catchup.

I would think Mky-Bne-Syd-Cbr-Bus would be the way... I rode the bike to the first Monto flyin... I nice quick run... I don't think Mky-Temora would be so nice without a good couple of days to do it in...095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif

Well Tomo you have such a good reputation for being able to get your hands on many different types of aircraft, surely you must have a friend with a 32 seat DC3 or something similar, to be able to fly a group to Temora.?????008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif.

Alan.

• Like 4

Great idea, Alan. My only trip to Temora was in a DC3 - VH-DNA. Most appropriate as DC are (is?)my initials and DNA is the "type" of my steamroller.

Well Tomo you have such a good reputation for being able to get your hands on many different types of aircraft, surely you must have a friend with a 32 seat DC3 or something similar, to be able to fly a group to Temora.?????008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif.Alan.

Yeah... What is the Fog in Albury like at that time of the year? I am very, very familiar with Albury and it's weather!!! Fog in Albury means hard work in Mackay playing catchup.I would think Mky-Bne-Syd-Cbr-Bus would be the way... I rode the bike to the first Monto flyin... I nice quick run... I don't think Mky-Temora would be so nice without a good couple of days to do it in...095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif

Win, I doubt that you'd see any fog at Albury in early April. Usually hot and dry down here then.

How about this....RPT to Sydney, train from airport to Sydney Central ($12) then catch the CountryLink train (XPT) to Cootamundra (5hrs) and CountryLink bus to Temora (40mins). Sydney to Temora (train+bus) would cost $84.15.

Wagga-Temora on CountryLink train/bus is about 3.13hrs at $26.51 and Albury-Temora is 4.35hrs at $53.03

Great idea, Alan. My only trip to Temora was in a DC3 - VH-DNA. Most appropriate as DC are (is?)my initials and DNA is the "type" of my steamroller.

Hi DC

You wouldn't have been an Antiquer for a long while, would you?

DC3 is the other aeroplane I'd love to fly before I die.

kaz

[ATTACH=full]16336[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]16334[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]16335[/ATTACH] I have that week crossed out on my work calendar, so planning to go for a long fly if all the boxes get ticked by then. I have done Townsville -Temora once before by Lightwing, so I do know the way...........................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hey Maj

Like the photo!

Last time I was there I just squeeked in in front of a TS. I had picked the Auster up in Watts Bridge the day before (7 Jan 2009) and had towering Cu's and imbedded CB's all the way down the Divide. Terrifying!!!

Some guys from the club helped me tie her down and I just got under cover before the heavens opened.

When I departed about 90 minutes later, I hit a large puddle of water on the bitumen and went sideways tail up at about 40 knots. ..

That was exciting!

No doubt some will remember me there 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

kaz

Pull the stick back to make the hangars get smaller

• Like 1

Hi DCYou wouldn't have been an Antiquer for a long while, would you?

DC3 is the other aeroplane I'd love to fly before I die.

kaz

Hi Kaz,

I think I was born an antique®. The trip in DNA was terrific - my first time in a DC3 and I was surprised how comfortable it was, if a trifle noisy. Had a bit of adventure leaving Temora. The starter motor on the RH engine failed so the ground crew performed a "New Guinea" start. Wind a length of rope around the spinner and pull it with a jeep! Took a few tries but once they synchronised the pull with "ignition on" away she went. Of course that made us late back into Bankstown and we found we were locked into the airfield until the pilot retrieved a spare key from somewhere.

• Like 4

So back to topic, who is going to Temora and what sort of aircraft are you going in?

I know of a certain Morgan Sierra 6 cyl from SA who will be going but I had better leave that to the owner to fill you in.

Alan.

613173317_MorganS0.thumb.jpg.7303cf9da4cd9d62bc7678001784f43d.jpg

So back to topic, who is going to Temora and what sort of aircraft are you going in?I know of a certain Morgan Sierra 6 cyl from SA who will be going but I had better leave that to the owner to fill you in.

Alan.

Me and the girl will be there again in the Jab 160 and staying at the Patchwork Inn .

Bob