Temora 2012

Mackay777

Hi Kaz,I think I was born an antique®. The trip in DNA was terrific - my first time in a DC3 and I was surprised how comfortable it was, if a trifle noisy. Had a bit of adventure leaving Temora. The starter motor on the RH engine failed so the ground crew performed a "New Guinea" start. Wind a length of rope around the spinner and pull it with a jeep! Took a few tries but once they synchronised the pull with "ignition on" away she went. Of course that made us late back into Bankstown and we found we were locked into the airfield until the pilot retrieved a spare key from somewhere.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great place to stay but booked out way in advance for events like this.Teresa used to fly helicopters so hopefully some-one will offer her a ride.

G'Day DJP,

We book from year to year and this is our third . Usually get there a few days early and stay on a few more days after its finished . Strange she has never mentioned that . Guess she is just too busy these days being a mother and running a B&B . Nice girl Teresa !

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

I'm too tired to stay in a tent. The whole area is booked out. After a long search I got a cheap room in Temora. Even the towns around it are full. Everyone I spoke to said it's all been full for about 2 months.

Well if you see a bald guy get out of a white SportStar, come and say hello. There should be a group of them clustered around the Evektor Australia dealer who will be there.

Cheers

Ryan

• Like 1

And most importantly, it's Easter. Will the Easter Bunny be there, or anyone who is selling home made Easter Eggs?

I am sure Ian will be handing out the Hot Cross Buns like he always does.

He spoils us sometimes...020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

-Linda

It's been brought to my attention again that the ERSA says Gunnedah requires an ASIC card... It's not true folks.

Gunnedah has not needed an ASIC card for about 3 years, but the council doesn't want to tell the ERSA people, just in case they (the council) want to reinstate it or somerthing in the future... I know, I know, it's dumb, but it's what we have to live with...

Bottom line? You don't need an ASIC card to come to Gunnedah. The blokes in the aeroclub own and run the refuel facility, and on average, one of them will be there to pump fuel and help you in any way they can, within 5 - 10 minutes of you calling them on 0408 453 030 ...

026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

• Like 3

Further to my previous post re fuel at Gunnedah...

The fuel phone number 0408 453 030 is forwarded to the aeroclub's Vice President, Roger's number, so if you call, he will answer and arrange fuel for you. But texting doesn't work because texts don't get forwarded. For those who are wondering, Roger just told me he has a new shipment of fuel and the price of $2.10 per litre for AVGAS and $1.91 for avtur will remain the same for at least the next month. There is also a $10 opening fee at Gunnedah. So if you're flying by and you need fuel, a coffee, and/or a potty break, come on down... 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

I am going to stop at Gunnedah on the way there and back. All the email I have had with the people there indicates that they are a very friendly bunch and conviniently located exactly on my track down, and I think I should give them some support. And if I can get a coffee too all the more so!

To quote Bender, "it gonna be fun on a bun!"

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...

For newbies like me who have not gone before, is it worth staying the two days? The family will be tagging along, so is there much for the kids (teens) to do? Or should I send them into town and the surroundings while I go natfly?

Ak

For newbies like me who have not gone before, is it worth staying the two days? The family will be tagging along, so is there much for the kids (teens) to do? Or should I send them into town and the surroundings while I go natfly?Ak

Hi AK,

I think there is a good day in it for a family. Your wife may get a little bored but she could head off to Temora for a break.

For the kids I suggest organising a TIF in anything from ultralight, trike, Gyro or even an aerochute.

Reckon that would make their day a memorable one!

Around lunch time there should be an aerobatic display, which is good.

If you were on your own a couple of days is best, especially if camping at the airfield. Great atmosphere & meet new like minded friends.

That way you can go to some of the interesting & informative forums.

Hope that helps

Cheers

H

Lol Akro... at least you will cure the family of wanting to accompany you to Fly Ins in the future...

It will go from "And when is this?" to "You go as long as you want dear?".... Its a BIG step in the right direction. lol