Temora 2012

Mackay777

Haha :)...mate, got to tread on eggshells for this one. Was wife's idea to take kids away for Easter - I just happened to hint Temora for a win-win ;) that's why I'm asking about stuff for the family

Ak

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks, 2 of us in J170 from Murray Bridge. Flying in Wednesday, leaving Sunday. 416 nm for about 4h 30m plus P stops plus headwinds. Hope to leave around 0800 local, arrive for lunch and best camping spots above 1956 flood level! We'll be micro tenting under the wings. This will be my 3rd Natfly, Narromine 2008, Temora 2010 and 2012. Thoroughly recommend it as best way to see and chat about lots of types, good forums (fora?).

See you there Wx permitting.

Not a place for little ones. Attractions spread out and really aimed at older kids probably at least 10+ with an aviation bent who can tolerate tired legs walking an aerodrome space. Not aware of anything there to help the younger family. Might be worth a call to the organisers to ask specifically.

Hey folks, Natfly is gnu to me, is there something for young children to do (2 - 7 yo)? I've seen the playground by the museum previously which is good but not going to work for all day entertainment of course.

GG...this was bought up after last NATFLY and I offered to organise a full 3 day childrens program which was never taken up! I had jumping castles, play on wheels and glider building and flying comp provisionally organised just waiting for the go ahead but it never came. Its a shame as it is the one thing that NATFLY lacks. Although I am extremely excited about the grass roots that will be there this year. Not many sleeps left now!

Scotty

• Like 2

Thanks Scotty & Clansman, sounds like its more intended for older folk.Probably re-think my plans; can I purchase videos of the various workshops later?

Not that I am aware of. Last year had some great forums like fabric covering which was a real hands on.

Its a shame as we need to be getting the kids involved now and it appears that RAA cant see that. I offered, they wernt interested so I will go along and enjoy it just the same. I bring my 12 year old with me and he has a ball! Younger kids would be bored silly!

Scotty

Just looked at the long range weather on Weatherzone and they say:

"Over southern and eastern Australia the cold front events with potential to bring widespread rain are now expected about 5 April to 9 April,"

However, other forecasts are saying sunny 030_dizzy.gif.fecc2d0d52af5722561e47dee1add28d.gif

This will be my first Natfly. Just got accomodation at lunch time time today, had to leave it a bit late because I didnt know if I had family commitments or not, and thanks to some arguing relatives I can definately attend.

Ill be staying in Junee though, turns out if you wait too long Temora gets booked out. Nonetheless, Ill be there with bells on!

See you all there.

Just looked at the long range weather on Weatherzone and they say:"Over southern and eastern Australia the cold front events with potential to bring widespread rain are now expected about 5 April to 9 April,"

However, other forecasts are saying sunny 030_dizzy.gif.fecc2d0d52af5722561e47dee1add28d.gif

Rain, hail or shine, I'm still going poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif

H

• Like 1

GG...this was bought up after last NATFLY and I offered to organise a full 3 day childrens program which was never taken up! I had jumping castles, play on wheels and glider building and flying comp provisionally organised just waiting for the go ahead but it never came. Its a shame as it is the one thing that NATFLY lacks. Although I am extremely excited about the grass roots that will be there this year. Not many sleeps left now!Scotty

Hi Scotty, Lachlan will be there again this year so let's start an "unofficial" kids group going out of the Aircraft Pilots stand

• Like 1

Hi Scotty, Lachlan will be there again this year so let's start an "unofficial" kids group going out of the Aircraft Pilots stand

Hiya Ian...Jack is coming and looking forward to hanging with Lachlan. Hes hoping Performance Metals have the big bucket of Cupa Chups there again...lol.

Scotty

We need someone to bring a few dozen of these... Us members could buy them to donate to give to any kids there....?

Hi Windsor....I had provisionally organised all this as mentioned earlier. After last year it was tossed around that nobody would help organise this stuff so I got off my anus and offered to. I organised it all and then was told that I would be contacted by the natfly organiser and it never happened. Talking the talk and walking the walk are two very different things im learning. What excuse will be tabled after this years event? It better not be that nobody offers to organise things.

Scotty

Hiya Ian...Jack is coming and looking forward to hanging with Lachlan. Hes hoping Performance Metals have the big bucket of Cupa Chups there again...lol.Scotty

Lachlan is also looking forward to creating havoc with Jack again, riding around in the train...if there is anyone else coming to NatFly with kids, drop by the Aircraft Pilots Stand and they can meet up with Jack (age 12?) and Lachlan (age 10) and lets start the "Young Aircraft Pilots Group" seeing the RAAus now prevents young people from learning to fly and has ignored them at NatFly...our kids of today really are suppose to be the pilots of tomorrow

• Like 1

....other forecasts are saying sunny 030_dizzy.gif.fecc2d0d52af5722561e47dee1add28d.gif

Just checked BOM and Weatherzone and both are saying good weather with light to moderate S winds.

Good for us coming from the south.....tail wind all the way!! 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif

-Linda

• Like 1

Sounds like Ian is offering to babysit all kids that come to Natfly this year,well done Ian 101_thank_you.gif.0bf9113ab8c9fe9c7ebb42709fda3359.gif

Well guys, this gave me an idea; my Daughter is a teacher and was trying to organise a supervised trip for the children away from home so that the parents could have a break without the children over Easter. With this in mind we have organised two coaches containing 34 children in each to arrive at Ian's tent on the Fiday morning. They will all have sleeping bags and $2.00 each to cover their expenses over the weekend. They will have a variety of musical instruments including drums, cymbals and trumpets. These are not unruly children but just those who cannot relate to their parents or teachers and do not like disciplin. They enjoyed it when I played my didges to them and had a ball throwing my boomerangs and spears at each other and fighting with my nulla nullas (bless their little hearts).095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif

Looking forward to your comments.

Alan.

• Like 4