Sport Pilot Drifter story

skeptic36

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thing the biggest problem is confusion and things being lost in the communication of posts. Have you read all the posts from the beginning? We have been talking about the same engine/reduction/ prop shaft direction in most instances as in the 912 for example..

Yeah, I had a read, from the start some time ago...I suspect the only reason there are differing opinions here is that you are talking about two different things. One talking prop only, the other engine and prop together. That's what I gather...for what it's worth.

I'm going to try and clarify this....... Farri is quite right about what he is saying. He is talking about the propeller only, not the engine.

I can only assume you took this as using the same engine, I took it to mean that it is relative to the shaft. Clockwise is clockwise, front or rear makes no difference.

Three cheers for M61A1.

Yes that is understood but Farri has said that there are no pusher or tractor specific props (which there are) and the one prop will do both pusher and tractor on the same engine/reduction drive .

Not Correct,Richard! I`ve said on more than one occasion, the prop shaft must turn in the same direction and the prop needs to be able to be bolted on either hub face.

Yes that is understood but Farri has not said you had to go to a different engine/reduction drive combination with the prop shaft turning in the opposite direction to make it work.

Not correct, again! I don`t want to go back over all my previous posts but I think I gave at least two examples of how to have the same prop shaft direction in both pusher and tractor.

Frank.

I can only assume you took this as using the same engine, I took it to mean that it is relative to the shaft. Clockwise is clockwise, front or rear makes no difference.

Three cheers for M61A1.

Not Correct,Richard! I`ve said on more than one occasion, the prop shaft must turn in the same direction and the prop needs to be able to be bolted on either hub face.

Not correct, again! I don`t want to go back over all my previous posts but I think I gave at least two examples of how to have the same prop shaft direction in both pusher and tractor.

Frank.

OK no problem my mistake.

Richard.