water sport flying idiot

hendonguy

Well, no, they are not "Death Wish Freaks". They are adrenaline junkies. Just like aerobatic pilots, skydivers, scuba divers, racing car drivers, etc. etc. They just find something fun that you (and I) don't. They know the risks, and accept them and manage them as best they can - just like the pilot in the original video for this thread. If they're doing what they are doing having had training, and it's legal, big deal...

Well I disagree, but we are all entitled to have an opinion, I rememeber a few years back watching a movie called Deer Hunter in which there were scenes where they were playing Russian Roulette and those guys jumping of mountains in Batman suits are in my view no different to the fool who would play Russian Roulette.

As to them knowing the risk I doubt it as you need a brain to be knowing.

As for training who's going to train them the one's who have gone before are all dead.

To my way of thinking taking action in doing something and really having no idea if you are going to survive or not is different to an activity which is only inherently dangerous because of human error and has no matter how small a margin for error.

What these flying fools have is not a skill it's no frontal lobe to even assess the danger.

I'm not talking about parachuting off a mountain I'm talking about diving off a mountain and attempting guide yourself like a missile almost to the ground.

Being an adrenalin feak and having a death wish are completely different, in my view.

In what they do, the Batmen, the control they have over their destiny is miniscule only unlike all those other activities you referred to in your post, those thrill seekers are people who generally just get good old fashion enjoyment from what they do and for the best part they have complete and absolute control over their activity.

It would be a boring old world if no one took risks but blatant disregard to their safety when the outcome is enevitable is certifiable.

That is, at least, my opinion in the matter.

Well I disagree, but we are all entitled to have an opinion, I rememeber a few years back watching a movie called Deer Hunter in which there were scenes where they were playing Russian Roulette and those guys jumping of mountains in Batman suits are in my view no different to the fool who would play Russian Roulette.As to them knowing the risk I doubt it as you need a brain to be knowing.

As for training who's going to train them the one's who have gone before are all dead.

To my way of thinking taking action in doing something and really having no idea if you are going to survive or not is different to an activity which is only inherently dangerous because of human error and has no matter how small a margin for error.

What these flying fools have is not a skill it's no frontal lobe to even assess the danger.

I'm not talking about parachuting off a mountain I'm talking about diving off a mountain and attempting guide yourself like a missile almost to the ground.

Being an adrenalin feak and having a death wish are completely different, in my view.

In what they do, the Batmen, the control they have over their destiny is miniscule only unlike all those other activities you referred to in your post, those thrill seekers are people who generally just get good old fashion enjoyment from what they do and for the best part they have complete and absolute control over their activity.

It would be a boring old world if no one took risks but blatant disregard to their safety when the outcome is enevitable is certifiable.

That is, at least, my opinion in the matter.

I wonder how many people held this view about General Aviation back in the days when the Army couldn't use aircraft because they " might scare the horses." ...?

The majority, I would think.

I wonder how many people held this view about General Aviation back in the days when the Army couldn't use aircraft because they " might scare the horses." ...?The majority, I would think.

If you really think about it, chalk and cheese wouldn't you agree!

Further, the guy who flew recently with the Jet Pack on his back is a classic example of taking risks for the benefit of mankind but the only benefit to mankind when these fools jump of a mountain in a Batman suit is when they are no longer a strain on the taxpayers resources.

In skydiving there are dangers but those dangers are controllable jumping of a mountain hoping that you don't twitch at the wrong time and change your trajectory in the wrong direction is purely and simply a death wish.

I would say that whilst free falling in these jumps that you may have 10% control but the balance is 90% pure luck. in my view of course.

You are constantly within metres of obstacles with absolutely no time to think or react when it all hits the fan.

Anyway that's my two bob's worth and I don't wish to revist the topic as I know where I stand, on top of the mountain looking down on the red sploch below!

Rick-p

• Like 1

Rick.

Good to see some disagreement nicely done here. I am all for doing exciting things if you look through all the problems and control the potential for damage. Just look at Bob Hoover, he could cut the engines, do a loop from practically zero altitude and then land. That of course is a death wish in some peoples minds, but he did it succesfully at many airshows.

I understand hydro/aqua planing is fairly common place in Alaska and Canada with the bush pilots landing on little gravel bars and such... I don't believe they do it for the thrill, rather they need to, to achieve their goals, whatever they may be

• Like 1

Rick.Good to see some disagreement nicely done here. I am all for doing exciting things if you look through all the problems and control the potential for damage. Just look at Bob Hoover, he could cut the engines, do a loop from practically zero altitude and then land. That of course is a death wish in some peoples minds, but he did it succesfully at many airshows.

I really enjoyed watching a number of videos on the great Bob Hoover's flying exploits. He had the skills and presence of mind to make it work! Before I get into any comparisons on the present topic I will bite my tongue and leave the room quietly.036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif