Guess The Airstrip

Yes .. not fair. I don't have floats but after this trip envy those that do.

This was the strip we left from, about 500 metres from the shed and river above.

The caption for this considering the shadow in the bottom right hand corner would have to be "mind your toes".

Are we still waiting for someone to put a name to Ian's (and Turtles) island strip? Come on, some body must have flown past this. There was a nasty (not that there are any nice ones) shark attack very near here in Jan this year.

Gtblu, how about a clue. I've searched all over the charts for a high grade airfield near a large river and with sharks or crocs but I've no idea where you are. BTW the pic is fantastic, almost looks like a Flt Sim graphic capture.

Paul

Hi PaulN,

Its hard to give a clue without blowing it... but I can say that it is near a body of water ..man made..with a total storage capacitymany times that of Sydney Harbour.

It is spectacular light UP in this area for photography as well.

cheers

gtblu

Onya Geoff.

If that's a man-made body of water, are they man-made sharks? Or are they crocs? If they are crocs, why is that guy loading fuel into the float plane not a little more alarmed? Or is gtblu just pulling my leg?

Paul

Hmmm sorry Paul,

Some confusion over secong photo taken at Admiralty Gulf having left Kunnunnara earlier. The drums of fuel were for speedboats I'm pleased to report , not A/c.

So not pulling your leg Paul, but you are correct in saying second photo is the sea!

regards

gtblu

Yes, well I didn't say he (Gtblu) was right - and - he isn't!!

There are no numbers on this runway. There used to be, but when the Air Ambulance landed there one day the pilot asked who the dill was that got the numbers at the wrong ends.

Whoops - council took them off and haven't replaced them yet.

More clues later on

regards BigPete

In case anyone was wondering what mine was it is North Stradbroke Island - is that correct Turtle or Warwick.

I know it is your turn Geoff but can I add this one as I forget the name of it but I do know that it is at the top of a mountain and a guy flies a Gazelle off it.

20060823_231910_Airfield_1.jpg.92bf2b6d2f03d074af5d02424b3a2672.jpg