Guess The Airstrip

Hi Ross,

Yep, told you it was easy. Great flight, take a look at the "Great Trips" thread for a bit more story. PIO? Is that another way of saying "wandering"? Don't you love some of these terms .;)

OK, another easy strip (just for you Danda).

Paul

Paul

Were you in the Jabiru that came in there about 09.00 Tue morning, or where you in something else a little later?

I departed Toc in a J160 about09.00 bound for Hay and held on the taxiway for a Jabiru to come in, but I don't see me in the pic?

Regards Geoff

PaulWere you in the Jabiru that came in there about 09.00 Tue morning, or where you in something else a little later?

I departed Toc in a J160 about09.00 bound for Hay and held on the taxiway for a Jabiru to come in, but I don't see me in the pic?

Regards Geoff

Sorry for not replying earlier Geoff. Yep, that was us. Great day for a fly, eh? (I must find out how to get my pics to show on these posts)

Paul

Ahhh, Cleve, looking NE. Looking at the WAC I would have expected to see some hilly stuff in the background but it all looks pretty flat in your pic. Perhaps I'm just too accustomed to hills that look like hills. Like I said Geoff, you sure do get about, like Cleve is 280nm from YMIA. Was this a day trip for the heck of it or what?

Thanks for the tip on posting pics.

Paul

Hi Ross,Yep, told you it was easy. Great flight, take a look at the "Great Trips" thread for a bit more story. PIO? Is that another way of saying "wandering"? Don't you love some of these terms .;)

OK, another easy strip (just for you Danda).

Paul

OK, I'm a little more eductaed now. Let's try the pic again 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif.

Cleve it is. I went to a little place called Lock. Mate needed to have a look at a piece of machinery, was very impressed with the J160.Didn't get a pic of Lock "dumb" stayed over night in whyalla just for fun, 8hs round trip.

• 2 months later...

Hey BigPete. Let's see. Town on a river, 1 hour from Echuca, distinctive runway configuration, Corowa?

I am doing my solo navex to there on Sunday and was drawing that runway into my notes last night.

Edit: I take it back. I just checked ERSA and the runways aren't quite right.

Can't be too far off though.

Ross