Guess The Airstrip

Guest pelorus32
I agree with Mike. Jerilderie at 67nm from Echuca that's about an hour in the Jab on a calm day ;).Paul

Calm day? That'd need a screaming southerly wouldn't it? :big_grin:

Regards

Mike

Well it took an hour because I had a 15 knot headwind AND I forgot to take the handbrake off.

Runway a bit bumpy, not very wide, but met a very friendly fellow (Andrew Dunn, AG Flite) who made me most welcome. (Luvly cuppa)

regards

• 4 weeks later...

Time to get this thread going again. I hope you guys/gals heading for Natfly have your cameras at the ready to post a few more en route airstrips here. Give the camera to you pax, be safe.

Here's another to get you guessing again. No clues this time.

Paul

761299172_YADY1.thumb.jpg.decdd1bbbc171ab72250e7fc2e4a0c55.jpg

Right on sailor ;). How'd you pick it so soon? It's usually dry and brown here so I thought being so green would throw you guys off the scent. Maybe it was talk of our fly day and pics of Eucumbene ... too easy.

Paul

Watch this space. Adaminaby will be the centre of the regional flying scene once the hangars and clubhouse go up. We now have full ownership of the airfield.

When Paul put his CT (I think he said it stands for Childs Toy) on the ground there were 5 aircraft there and about 20 people at the meeting. We plan lots of fun reasons for you all to drop in. It's a lovely area for flying.

Onward and upward.

Ross

Guest pelorus32
Right on sailor ;). How'd you pick it so soon? It's usually dry and brown here so I thought being so green would throw you guys off the scent. Maybe it was talk of our fly day and pics of Eucumbene ... too easy.Paul

Hi Paul,

it was actually the paw print of the Greater Snowy Mountains Yeti in the bottom RH corner that did it. I had seen it on another picture - albeit all brown looking. So I checked on the Snowy Mountains Aviators site and the roads looked right so voila...

Are you going to Narromine? Look forward to seeing you there.

Regards

Mike

Thanks for setting the record straight Ultralights. I was so embarrassed when I re-read my post and realised I had omitted the apostrophe.

Child's Toy is indeed what I meant. I thought if I ignored the error it would go away and nobody would notice, while editing the post would only draw attention. You live and learn.

Again - thanks.

PS - Paul, I'm sure that's what you said. "Cosmic Traveller" I would have remembered.

Guest pelorus32
child's toy? i thought it meant Cute toy?

I think we need a comment from Ian here, I'm sure he'll have a view. And Slarti you should be ashamed of yourself for forgetting the apostrophe! How can you expect to fly cross country if you can't remember your apostrophes?:;)3:

See all you villains at Natfly

Regards

Mike

Guest Fred Bear

Correct Pelorus! Well done! ;)

Ummm .... no. I used a telephoto. Last year. On a different planet.

You have been smoking something again huh? :big_grin: Not Bathurst I know that. Mate, make it a little easier will 'ya?

Yep Pete That it is Ivanhoe Natfly was great sad:crying: you could not make it had a ball,024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif had to fly Cliff Bs 160 back to S.H.:devil: for him as he picked up the new 170

had a fly of it at S.H. ;););)024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif great Plane only one I would swap the 160 for

Geoff, you lucky B......... and I will have to wait until Cliff is over here. Almost 2 weeks away.

Is the only difference the wings or have there been other changes? (tailplane or rudder?)

regards