Is it possible to watch "old" ATC for sydney on the net?

The report is in.

I am simply updating the facts here as I get more/new ones.

I shall (again) state: It is not really my concern. I am mearly reporting it here with the intention of educating people with a story of what happened to me and what I have learnt.

Hi Motz, Flying Dog,

What is a Mode D transponder? (As opposed to mode A/C S etc).

Just to clarify Flying Dog, you have put in an incident report on an aircraft which passed over and in front of you in Class G airspace, with min 1000' clearance horizontal and vertical, that you didn't see (until it passed by) because they did not talk on the radio?

It would seem I have opened a can of worms here, and am more being told what REALLY HAPPENED by people who seem to know better than me.

From a very early post here is something I wrote:

"Seperation now told to be about 600m horizontal 400m vertical"

There are two words there no one seems to understand:

Told - I was given this information from someone else. NOTHING MORE will be said to whom this is/was.

ABOUT - an approximation. This was a projection made from all known data available.

So, again: If anyone has inforation which is MORE ACCURATE than that which I have presented:

Put it here NOW.

It would seem I have opened a can of worms here, and am more being told what REALLY HAPPENED by people who seem to know better than me.From a very early post here is something I wrote:

"Seperation now told to be about 600m horizontal 400m vertical"

Hi FD,

If you are talking about me, I haven't told you anything, I was just asking a question to clarify, as you state you are 'educating people with a story of what happened'. I asked because your explanation of what happened is somewhat unclear to me, understandably; as it transpires it appears it is only now becoming clear to you. I was just trying to highlight the pertinent details so I could understand what happened.

Not sure why you keep going on about where you have gotten this information from, no one seems to have asked or even mentioned it, except you. 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Regrads,

Tex

Tex,

I am posting what I know.

SOMEONE (not you), or others, are SPECULATING on what happened and telling me the story.

I find this amusing if nothing else.

Yes, the "story" was not clear and is becoming clearer as time goes on.

This is the turn of events as best I can remember:

I am flying en-route from the Oaks to Katoomba.

After clearing the step, I start the climb to clear the mountains. I climb to 6,500 feet.

Flying over Warragamba, I notice a plane at my 3-4 O'Clock and check with Sydney what they (the other plane) are doing.

I skwarked my ID so I could be identified. I was told the plane is on a CONVERGING COURSE. Though obviously lower, converging got my attention.

Other than that there was no other activity on 124.55. This initial plane didn't say "Traffic sighted. Don't worry."

So I was watching him.

Scanning him, instruments, and looking out the front window, on one of the cycles, I caught a blurr infront of me.

Be it a "blurr", a shadow passing over me, or what ever: Alarm bells run that it was a near miss.

Checking my position/altitude/etc I got back on to Sydney and asked them what they see.

"Nothing" was basically the reply.

Again: There were no other planes talking on the frequency at this time near by to where I am/was.

Investigations revealed there WAS another plane, and I wasn't seeing things. But that was all I got at that point.

More questions revealed we "missed" by ABOUT 600 meters Horizontal and 400 Vertical.

Even more questions then revealed the paint was intermittant and therefore the information about our seperation was constructed from data known.

I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG.

It has been suspected the other plane which nearly hit me had electrical problems. Thus the transponder not working all the time - giving intermittant paints on the radar - and why they didn't reply.

Ofcourse where they landed with no radio in Sydney is ANOTHER question - but I don't care.

My report has been submitted to RAA and they are happy with the information given.

What happens next is not my concern, as it is beyond my responsibilty.

I am still here so that's all that matters - and I was not in the wrong.