Morgan sierra 100

gareth lacey

hi kieth i am in adelaide will pm you some more details when i get back to brisbane not posting on general forums fir reasons i will explain cheers gsrrth

Cheers Thanks,

regards Keith...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi allhere vis the UL 130 engine just arrived and the engine weight 70 kilos ,no oils or fixtures ,all parts in box 5 klilos

Lookin good Gareth. I have just put a UL Power 2601s (107hp) in my sierra, the only hassle is changing the fuel line size and adding a return to the tank.

cheers Greg

Hi Gareth and Greg! Interested to read about the UL Power engines you both have chosen. Question: Are your respective projects built as for the Jabiru 2200 or 3300? There are differences in fuselage length between the two. Mine is built for the 2200 engine (longer fuselage forward of the wing). I am interested in looking at alternative engines as I would like a bit more grunt than the 2200 Jab provides but have to keep weight and balance considerations in mind. John.

Hi John,

our fuse was for a 3300, but we are a wider fuse (1200 inside cockpit) this in turn made our firewall 75mm longer (2x100kilo pax) as for w&b our UL is 76 kilo same as the Jab 3300 so no problems there and lots of GRUNT

cheers gareth 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Hi Gareth, thanks for your reply. I'm thinking I'm going to be stuck with using a Jab 2200 as my fuselage construction is much too far advanced to consider shortening the nose. My plan is to go with liquid cooled heads and the TBI instead of the Bing carb. I think you have made a good choice of engine. I'm sure it will work out well for you! John.

Hi Gareth, thanks for your reply. I'm thinking I'm going to be stuck with using a Jab 2200 as my fuselage construction is much too far advanced to consider shortening the nose. My plan is to go with liquid cooled heads and the TBI instead of the Bing carb. I think you have made a good choice of engine. I'm sure it will work out well for you! John.

Hi John,I have the 107hp motor and according to the specs it weighs around 72 kg's. The installation is fairly straightforward and if you talk to Garry M he could work something out,If you and Gareth want some Pic's send a PM with your email address.

Cheers Greg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

back again

we have made the top of the cowl alum for easy removal, bottom of cowl was Garrys fibreglass cowl but we had to cut and shut it to fit

sides of fusalage at firewall is removable both sides this gives us complete access to brakes ,fuel pumps steering mechanics, tank fittings

next week start preparing for painting , avionics are being wired and the upholsterer will be starting cabin fitout

Cheers gareth& Craig

• Like 2

back againwe have made the top of the cowl alum for easy removal, bottom of cowl was Garrys fibreglass cowl but we had to cut and shut it to fit

sides of fusalage at firewall is removable both sides this gives us complete access to brakes ,fuel pumps steering mechanics, tank fittings

next week start preparing for painting , avionics are being wired and the upholsterer will be starting cabin fitout

Cheers gareth& Craig

I see the lower cowl is attached to nose bowl ,bad move as you will need to remove prop to service engine,have modified several cowls to overcome this oversight

Mick W

• Agree 1