Morgan sierra 100

gareth lacey

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hey Gareth,

How is it all going mate? I went down to Morgan Aeroworks last week and Tim showed me around. Great guy and very happy to chat and show me their gear. I mentioned you and how I looked forward to seeing you up and around... have you been able to get in the air yet?

• 4 months later...

Well finally the plane is in the air after 2 years of hard work and frustration. The test pilot did a full inspection of air frame and controls all good said ill do a few taxis and then go from there , he taxied out and did two fast runs back and forth then on the second run he took off much to Garaths and my surprise , he then flew around for about a hour doing stalls /steep turns etc and put the plane through its paces he then landed without a drama and taxied to the hanger climbed out and made a couple of suggestions that we would need to adjust as he was having to hold a little right aileron in straight and level and probably will need a small trim tab on the rudder as the plane plane required a little to much right rudder , But all in all he was very happy with the way it flew .It was such a good feeling seeing something you have put so much effort into fly straight off, as what is essentially a home built plane by two people who have never done this before. Credit to Garath for putting up with me during the process along with his hard work and commitment , also credit to Garry Morgan Morgan Aeroworks for designing the plane and his help and advice. Now just to fly off our hours and enjoy

For all of you who are interested how the UL engine went all i can say is what a rocket climb out awesome, speed awesome and so smooth , the test pilot commented on the power and smoothness of the engine, so so far so good. will keep you posted

Thanks to all for the interest in our build

Craig

• Like 2
  • Winner 3

Hi Mark

will have it up tonight ,if i can down load ok its a gopro 3 and the card needs an adapter will get 1 today, i have a taxing vid i will try and load it , but she fly,s what and awsome feeling seeing it take off, ,landing was smooth and the engine sounds sweet ,sorry i rambleLOL

168073468_2014-02-2404_11_02.jpg.fe7f7d3472657b06812b76a408053afd.jpg

Great news guys, it will be nice to see a Morgan flying around the Queensland skies, when you fly the hours off, let me know some flyins you plan on going to and I'll make sure I am there to see your pride and joy.

• 1 month later...

Well sadley our plane is kaput on the first flight after test flying on taxing the wing caught the side of a parked car , the throttle was pushed in full power instead of off and the plane pivoted around the front of the car and the other wing hit another car on the other side and bent and crushed the wing the engine and prop was left spinning full power between the two cars undamaged

Garath has been curled up in a ball for 6 weeks #$@ off with himself but he is now up and ready to fly again we can not bring ourselves to rebuild the plane to bumed out ,even though all it needs is a wing so we are going to sell it as is , so if anyone would like to buy it we would like $ 28000 for it , keeping in mind that the engine alone is worth $ 33000

You can see what we did during the build so there is no secrets so if anyone wants a bargain let me know

Cheers Craig

Well sadley our plane is kaput on the first flight after test flying on taxing the wing caught the side of a parked car , the throttle was pushed in full power instead of off and the plane pivoted around the front of the car and the other wing hit another car on the other side and bent and crushed the wing the engine and prop was left spinning full power between the two cars undamagedGarath has been curled up in a ball for 6 weeks #$@ off with himself but he is now up and ready to fly again we can not bring ourselves to rebuild the plane to bumed out ,even though all it needs is a wing so we are going to sell it as is , so if anyone would like to buy it we would like $ 28000 for it , keeping in mind that the engine alone is worth $ 33000

You can see what we did during the build so there is no secrets so if anyone wants a bargain let me know

Cheers Craig

I had a look at it in the hangar, about a month ago, its not that bad guys. Unfortunate, but these things happen. I didn't have a real good look but the Spar looked ok.

no it

I had a look at it in the hangar, about a month ago, its not that bad guys. Unfortunate, but these things happen. I didn't have a real good look but the Spar looked ok.

isnt but cant bring ourselves to fix our loss will be somones gain