e-Go Canard

I've always been intrigued by Canard aircraft since building a plywood throw model of one as a teenager. How quickly and efficiently it flew compared to more conventional models.

There is a new SSDR canard aircraft under development in the UK. I'd guess it could compete with the Saphire for future sales.

http://www.manufacturing.net/articles/2012/03/flying-high

• Like 1

I've always been intrigued by Canard aircraft since building a plywood throw model of one as a teenager. How quickly and efficiently it flew compared to more conventional models.There is a new SSDR canard aircraft under development in the UK. I'd guess it could compete with the Saphire for future sales.

http://www.manufacturing.net/articles/2012/03/flying-high

Very nice. Will be interesting to see the final result. Eastmeg2 could you keep us up-to-speed on this aircraft's continued development and eventual flight and maybe some information for potential buyers?

Looks nice, pity it has only 1 seat. There have been some very successful canard designs over the years. I recall seeing a Goldwing picture in a post on this site recently and the Rutan Vari Eze and Long Eze are great designs.

Does look nice but...........with that wing where it is, forward/down view is seriously compromised, isn't it? Now if it where higher than the pilots head........

...........just thinking augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Does look nice but...........with that wing where it is, forward/down view is seriously compromised, isn't it? Now if it where higher than the pilots head...................just thinking augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

While you are thinking Deskpilot, have a look at the site my avatar comes form http://flightsciences.net/

If this aircraft really gets up and reaches its potential, then I'm assuming it will be a very good addition to recreational aviation.

I've been looking forward to this one for a while... they passed a milestone around 18 months ago IIRC, which I think was the initial CAD design and extensive testing of the concept in X-Plane, plus securing next-phase funding and establishing market interest by taking deposits for a waiting list. It seems to be almost what you might expect if Apple designed an aircraft - start from the ground up, use the latest popular tools (including publishing virtual prototype X-Plane models for prospective buyers to test). End-result - hopefully - an SSDR with 100-120kt cruise, 350-500nm range, and glass cockpit. And to think I was considering a Flylight Dragonfly!

D