BAK this weekend... wish me luck....

Hoping to nail it, been studying my arse off.. at least that's one good thing about a long train ride in the mornings and afternoons, lots of time for that...

But as always, last minute words of wisdom always appreciated!

Guest davidh10

Take your time. Skip any questions you are unsure about and come back to them later. Sometimes another question may clarify a previous one. If none or all of the answers make sense, ask the CFI to explain the question. Remember that RAA subscribes to the Bernoulli theory of flight, not Neutonian. Unfortunately, you can know too much for some questions. Don't over think them.

Good luck.

Yep, if you don't know the answer after a few seconds thought, move on. If you agonise, you just waste time and stress yourself out. Another trick for multiple choice questions - if you have picked an answer and go back and reconsider it, and are now torn between your original answer and another one, statistically you are more likely to be correct if you take your second choice than stick with your original.

• Like 1

I do feel sorry for some of you guys. I've set and done a lot of multi choice exams and IF the person designing the exam is a meat head there may be no correct answer or there may be more than one correct answer. They should proof read and have other " experts" do the exam. before serving it up. It's a bu**er when you know the correct answer and get marked down.. Some of the answers in the back of the crash comic are wrong, too. Nev

• Like 2

Good luck, mate. If you have done your homework (and it sounds like you have) then just keep calm and do what the others have said - answer all the ones you are sure of first, then go back and do the ones you less sure of. Take your time - the time allowed is usually plenty, so no need to rush.

At the end of the day it is not the exam itself that is important, it is the fact that you have studied all the material that matters if you are to be a safe pilot.

All the best! Let us know how you go.

Cheers

Neil

• Like 1

The answers are A, C, C, D, etc... just joking.

Have fun!..lol.., nearly all on the forum have done it... it is BASIC aeronautical knowledge so don't stress..026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

• Like 1

Hoping to nail it, been studying my **** off.. at least that's one good thing about a long train ride in the mornings and afternoons, lots of time for that...But as always, last minute words of wisdom always appreciated!

You've done the study so you will be fine. Look forward to hearing about your flying experiences.

Kaz

• Like 1

To echo the others its the learning thats important. Worst comes to worst a failed exam just highlights areas for further study, no shame in that. But if you just read (and re-read) the question....think and then answer, you'll be fine. You can normally cut out one or two obvious wrong ones and that lets you focus. Good luck and I'm sure you'll let us know the good news come Sunday.

unhappy_composer.gif.d3e9355e1a45a47f19d6ae0bef8b2e30.gif

Phil

• Like 1

Well guys, all done and dusted - 84%.... would have liked to do better, I think that many of the questions were ones that were just missed due to ambiguity of wording, and a couple that I just didn't know anything about (ie effects of a coarser prop, something I would look up if I needed to know).

But, its behind me now, and I know what I need to put more attention on... and now I can focus on doing some flying!

Woooooot!!

• Like 3

Congrats, Gotta be happy with that. As I said the exam shows areas for further reading/study. Remember flying is all about constant learning.... it never stops (one of the reasons its so much fun). Enjoy 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Phil

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Well, my brain hurt after than and an hour of circuits.. but I know what to study, and I think I understand most of the ones I missed - beyond that we'll talk about next time when I have grown back a few new brain cells!! :-P

Really got the circuits fairly well nailed now, just need to concentrate on the late final and finer points of landing, but its all coming together! Was hoping to do stalls, but cloud base was a bit low. That's OK, I'll take all the circuit practice I can get right now...