Intro.

Hello all, Locky here,just joined and enjoying this site already. I am in Atherton and looking at getting back into U/Ls after 6 years off. Keeping my eyes on the classifieds for a trailerable single seater.... Cheers for now.

Keeping my eyes on the classifieds for a trailerable single seater.... Cheers for now.

Hi Locky, welcome to the site. I have a Fisher 303 (which my wife tells me I'm selling) I fly the Lightwing all the time, and the Fisher is just sitting in its trailer, it's a great little plane, I haven't flown it for a while now but have said to my wife over the past couple of months that I should get it out and at least fly it over to the neighbours to give it a wash as its getting a bit dusty. It's a low wing taildragger in a fully enclosed trailer.

If you would like any info. and pics. of it then email me on [email protected] or ph. 0414832946

Cheers Davo.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Welcome Locky. You wouldn't have owned a Mitchell at Kadina at one stage?

Frosty ol mate, how the heck are you,freezing probably,What toys have you got in the hanger at present? Did malcolm get the supa pup flying? Good to hear from you,Cheers, Locky

Tad cold Locky. I've done about 35 hrs in Malcs Aero Pup. Flys well.

Sold the Mini Cab, Supa Pup and Light Wing. Now flying our Jab 120, my mates Gazelle and Malcs Aero Pup

occasionally.

This site has something to offer any aviator whether it be knowledge or just mateship. A result of Ians dedication and hard work. You will get something from it, enjoy......Frosty

• Like 2

I was wondering a minute ago about this sites organisers, is it manned voluntarily? I have already met some good folk here, not to mention catching up with yo, A little supercat of FLYERME has my interest and I was scratching my brain for a South Ozzie who new planes and would deliver a balanced assesment,why didn't Cpt.Kevin Frost come immediately to mind?...... No, but seriously, Cheers mate

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all, Locky here,just joined and enjoying this site already. I am in Atherton and looking at getting back into U/Ls after 6 years off. Keeping my eyes on the classifieds for a trailerable single seater.... Cheers for now.

Hi LockyHow are you and the family.Are you at Atherton Q.L.d or V.I.c. Isent you a couple of emails maybe you did not get them.Its Ray Rhyne from Kadina i had the other thruster just over from you.Still flying now have a J230 Jabiru

Regards

Ray

Hi Ray,time fly's! Atherton,QLD has been home for 5 years,now living on a boat at Mooloolaba,I do a couple of weeks building at Atherton then a week with the family down here,. Can the jab land on a 300m strip? I am heading off tomorrow to Sherlock S.A. to pick up a Supercat of Flyerme's[he's on this forum and welcomes people to his strip].It would be good to catch up somehow, hows Nadine and Callum?Is he 21 now? Cheers mate,Locky

Hi Ray,time fly's! Atherton,QLD has been home for 5 years,now living on a boat at Mooloolaba,I do a couple of weeks building at Atherton then a week with the family down here,. Can the jab land on a 300m strip? I am heading off tomorrow to Sherlock S.A. to pick up a Supercat of Flyerme's[he's on this forum and welcomes people to his strip].It would be good to catch up somehow, hows Nadine and Callum?Is he 21 now? Cheers mate,Locky

Hi Locky

Well its good to hear from you yes time fly,s. Callum is 20 and 6ft 6 fed him fertilizer how about your family what are they up to. Sounds good living on a boat we did it for three and a half years on a 50 ft ocean going yacht, what sort of boat do you have and how does Sue like it. Have the kids left home yet. The plane you are picking up is it a super cat and how are you getting it home. The j230 needs at least 600 mts and you have to have things go wright but to be safe you need at least 800 mts . Do you still have any property or is the boat now home. I looked up sherlock and it is only 40minutes from here as the j230 sits on 120kts usualy but you would never land one on a 300 mt strip. Where are you going to keep the plane when you get it back home. How is your shoulder going as you were having quarterzone injections in it when you were here. I have retired now as im heading towards 70 now and have just had both knees replaced and there not going to well yet hoping they get a lot better. Let me know when you are ariving as i might be able to get over to Murry Bridge if we can get over the hills and it is not to far out of your road, i would think it would be 20 to 30 minutes from where you are and then you would head to mannum and on to Mildura if not we will have to try and catch up some other time. Say hallo to Sue and the girls for us .

Regards

Ray and family 0400713996