Video: Flying my Solitaire

Tomo

Thanks guys, it's pretty fun flying around, and not costing you a fortune! Actually really cheap, only uses around 9, 10ltrs hour when cruising around so far.

Glad you like the music, I'll pass it on to Deano 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

YAHOO. com was it young Thomas Scott.

Great vid fella, glad you now got your 1 and only own SolitaireY aeroplane that is yours.

Fly safe as you do and have fun and it sure as cow dung beats renting if you don't mind going a wee bit slower.

Cheers Alf

Guest Maj Millard

I do believe you've found a winner there Tomo !...and sure glad you managed to clear that powerline on takeoff there !! .................................Cheers Maj...

Yeah it's good fun Maj! Haha, plenty of room before the line, I kept it in ground effect for a bit to get some speed up and make sure everything is good. Bit of a habit for the first flight of the day if the strip is long enough, especially when you pull the plane apart and put it back together fairly often, etc...

seems so smooth! Really kicking myself I couldn't have worked out purchasing this little gem, but its in the best possible hands! Love the sun at your back at about 1:50 ~ Great music too!

almost as good as a Drifter but no bugs in your face. looks great Tomo

I'll bring it over one day and you can take it for a fly Rob!

Tomo, did I see you, in one of your videos, wearing an in ear headset? I'm sure it was you... If so, what's your opinion... Noise reduction comfort etc... Sorry to derail your thread

Howdy Hongie! Yep that was probably me, in the J2 Auster video no doubt. Mine are Quiet Technologies, or Halo. But the Clarity Aloft headsets are pretty much the same thing, just a little more advanced

Personally I love mine, very comfortable, great noise reduction, and I haven't had one ounce of trouble with the Mic or speakers. One thing about them though is it may take you about 10 seconds longer to put on then your average headset. I can wear this inside a motor bike helmet, beanie, with an Akubra etc... it's light, and compact - can carry it around in your back pocket if you fancy doing such a thing.

In short, I like wearing mine. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Have you worn them while flying a higher revving engined aircraft like your 2 stroke solitaire or a rotax 912? Cope as well with the higher frequencys as with the lower rumble of a larger motor? Sorry for all the questions Tomo, I just really hate the big bulky headsets... Had been thinking of getting a Bose headset as they are a bit slimmer and lighter, but I love the idea of the halo

• Like 1

Yes I've worn them for a few years now, and that include two strokes, 447, 503, 582 etc... And the 912(s) etc... Even open cockpits in my helmet. I find they are good, basically just an earplug actually, so if you fit them correctly it's going to be as good as you get with that type of blockage.

I didn't buy them from an Aussie supplier no, if you google quiet technologies there's a website there that you can purchase from. Actually just ordered a handful of new earpieces last night from them.

Once you get used to them they are good value.