Sorry I missed you

reggie

Thanks to the person that decided to leave me a permanent reminder that they had a look in my aircraft. Im so disappointed that you didnt leave me your ph # or address so I can meet up with you and explain that you don't use the flap as a step. And better still , show you what happens when you step on paint work with sand on the soles of your shoes..

But dont worry, if you cant come and see me I would be happy to come visit you and show you what happens when I walk across the bonnet of your car.

have a great day now.

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes

I love to look in other peoples aircraft, but I would never touch them and certainly wouldn't climb on them!

It's times like this you just have to trust that karma will get them!

Thanks to the person that decided to leave me a permanent reminder that they had a look in my aircraft. Im so disappointed that you didnt leave me your ph # or address so I can meet up with you and explain that you don't use the flap as a step. And better still , show you what happens when you step on paint work with sand on the soles of your shoes..But dont worry, if you cant come and see me I would be happy to come visit you and show you what happens when I walk across the bonnet of your car.

have a great day now.

It would probably have been a long walk for some of us Reggie

Any chance you could give us a clue where in Australia it happened because these drop kicks often strike more than once.

• Like 1

Thanks Wayne, Im pretty sure it was someone who has a bit to do with aviation as its currently hangared at a airstrip that does a lot of gliding and raa training, always people about. Would think they would know better. Anyway I know theres other people at the strip who participate on the forum so I'm hoping the word gets around. Doesn't matter how much deep breathing I do at the moment i'm still spewing.

• Like 1

For those who haven't yet memorised all of the 1350 foreign acronym codes and have to go and look up ERSA, its Narrogin.

Just keeping my head low this morning after saying that watching dressage where the competition is how much money you can throw at the horse, then ride round and round some of the most bizarrely decorated jumps was boring, and the IOC should introduce bull riding.

For those who haven't yet memorised all of the 1350 foreign acronym codes and have to go and look up ERSA, its Narrogin.Thanks for that Turbo I also wish that people would stop using those acronym codes and just state the airfield in question.

My memory is not that good and how much more effort would it take to type the airfield name. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Alan.

Guest Howard Hughes
Just keeping my head low this morning after saying that watching dressage where the competition is how much money you can throw at the horse, then ride round and round some of the most bizarrely decorated jumps was boring, and the IOC should introduce bull riding.

*thread drift alert on*

The equestrian events are living proof that anybody can be an Olympian, it was a fair enough event 100 years ago, but how long are they going to continue with this farce? If it can't fit the Olympic ethos of 'higher, stronger, faster', then it shouldn't be in the Olympics!

PS: Although I would make an exception for the bull riding.022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

*thread drift alert off*

For those who haven't yet memorised all of the 1350 foreign acronym codes and have to go and look up ERSA, its Narrogin.Just keeping my head low this morning after saying that watching dressage where the competition is how much money you can throw at the horse, then ride round and round some of the most bizarrely decorated jumps was boring, and the IOC should introduce bull riding.

*thread drift alert on*The equestrian events are living proof that anybody can be an Olympian, it was a fair enough event 100 years ago, but how long are they going to continue with this farce? If it can't fit the Olympic ethos of 'higher, stronger, faster', then it shouldn't be in the Olympics!

PS: Although I would make an exception for the bull riding.022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

*thread drift alert off*

You 2 obviously have no idea of how much skill is needed to keep a horse under control. A LOT more than flying an aeroplane. I've done both so I know what I'm talking about. I also used to drive a 'pair in hand' in competition.

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes
You 2 obviously have no idea of how much skill is needed to keep a horse under control. A LOT more than flying an aeroplane. I've done both so I know what I'm talking about. I also used to drive a 'pair in hand' in competition.

I won't bore you with my equine credentials, but have spent some part of my life around horses in a competitive sense. I stand by my statement that sports that don't fit within the Olympic ethos should be removed from the games, this goes for any sport where 'judges' are involved too!

Reggie:

How restrained you are. It this happened to me, I'd be wanting to do more, much more than walk across someone's bonnet. I'd be thinking more of walking across their face with a pair of spiked football boots on.

• Like 1

I'm not saying it's slow, but from my days driving a gig the flies had time to settle on the horse's tail, find its source of food fly across to the 'dash' board and get another bite and then manage to fly into my eye before I'd even got out the front gate.

• Like 1

Im begining to wonder if channel 9 realise that there are more sports or so called sports:amazon: 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif at the olympics.Than just swimming.All ever see on the news is swimming this, swimming that. And a few having a cry. We are not going to flash in that anyway. So put some different sports, eg- semi nude beach volley ball 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif or something exciting like lawn bowls . hey hey

• Like 1

reggie - why don't you place a notice on the Gliding Clubs' notice board, and sticky tape the same one onto the Aero Club door. For good measure, i'd place one in all the toilets on the airstrip. I'd certainly look at locating a 'NO STEP' placard on your flaps when you park anywhere.

As you know, there's absolutely no supervision of visitors at strips like Narrogin - you can drive onto the sealed parking area if you like.

happy days,

Yep have done the 'no step' stickers. Actually been pretty restrained as I was thinking of different wording but it wouldnt have been politically correct.

Damn... thats unfortunate mate. I'd be spewing if that happened to me, especially as my aircraft is wood/fabric and would most likely need a recover!

I'm in the process of sprucing the Minicab up and am considering leaving my phone number on the side of the fuselage, under the canopy. If anyone has any questions/comments/death threats then they are more than welcome to call.

Should probably add that I'm in a shared (and locked to non-members) hangar. Haven't met everyone yet but those I have seem like great people.

Cheers - boingk