A new Nynja in the area

cscotthendry

plenty still to do mate. Ground runs. Full power runs. Mine ended up with 2 hours on the ground before the first take off. Don't be scared to tie it down and run it. Best of luck I am watching with interest. Are you doing the test flight or do you have someone doing it for you.

plenty still to do mate. Ground runs. Full power runs. Mine ended up with 2 hours on the ground before the first take off. Don't be scared to tie it down and run it. Best of luck I am watching with interest. Are you doing the test flight or do you have someone doing it for you.

Fully agree, still much to do. Greg the Skyranger agent is planned to do the test flight; he's been totally helpfull from when I first contacted him for a trial flight back in 2013 and all through the build process and he knows them well.

Cheers

Mike

Yep I recall he just flew to Alice to test fly one for someone over there. Good luck with it all.

That's right. Chris has his flying now (see Nynja NT thread). They are a good aircraft out of the box plus with Greg making a final inspection preflight and any adjustments he finds needing; then on the first evaulations flights after which they are ready for flying adventure. Greg came up at the wing build and covering stage which was great product support as it confirmed all is correct and then he set me onto the next stage of the build with some good ideas and advice.

Regards

Mike

Mike:Wow! I LIKE the blue and silver stripes! It really looks smart. Did you have much trouble putting them on?

Hi Scott

Did the long side ones wet and the cowl sides dry. A mate helped hold the long stickers off as I worked it on. Took over 4 hours as I didn't rush. Only one moment putting on the second side when i thought things were looking like getting out of wack, but it worked good.

Did some runs to just under 25 kts on airstrip today to give the engine a good run and also give the brakes a work out; was very careful not to give too much power for too long as things would get interesting fast. Also getting the idle stops right.

Cheers

Mike

Hi ScottDid the long side ones wet and the cowl sides dry. A mate helped hold the long stickers off as I worked it on. Took over 4 hours as I didn't rush. Only one moment putting on the second side when i thought things were looking like getting out of wack, but it worked good.

Did some runs to just under 25 kts on airstrip today to give the engine a good run and also give the brakes a work out; was very careful not to give too much power for too long as things would get interesting fast. Also getting the idle stops right.

Cheers

Mike

Image this morning before the taxi engine runs and a local bird stopped over on the winglet to say G'day :)

P1080770.JPG.cae8b6860cf413790ba0d011cf51f90e.JPG

P1080780.JPG.f8209771b4c30c1fd0d67fe998fb164e.JPG

Thanks Geoff. I liken it now to Baseball. First base build finished, second build passed at L4 inspection, third approved by RAA and home (4th) landing after first / test flight. On second at present.Cheers

Mike

...Did some runs to just under 25 kts on airstrip today to give the engine a good run and also give the brakes a work out; was very careful not to give too much power for too long as things would get interesting fast. Also getting the idle stops right.

Watch out or you will be at the fourth base before you know it.

• Agree 1

Mike:It REALLY looks good! I miss my Nynja ... :-(

Below your avatar you indicate that you nearly have an Aeropilot Legend. I Binged and found a picture:

Legend.jpg.1bb15b876a0723b734ca21c0a4d3c377.jpg

Source: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aeropilot-Legend-540/2030911/L/

Is this a kit plane or will this be a factory supplied aircraft?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Flew the Nynja yesterday. It lived up to all my expectations and is a delight to fly. Greg the agent flew up and did a final look over and some final adjustment before the first flight; His knowledge and experience was invaluable to me at this time.

I'm looking forward to suitable weather this Saturday so I get more time flying in.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 3
  • Winner 2

Hi Flew the Nynja yesterday. It lived up to all my expectations and is a delight to fly. Greg the agent flew up and did a final look over and some final adjustment before the first flight; His knowledge and experience was invaluable to me at this time.I'm looking forward to suitable weather this Saturday so I get more time flying in.

Cheers

Mike

Well done, Blueadventures! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Like 1

Mike:

Congratulations and have many happy flying hours in your new Nynja. They are very snappy, predictable flyers. The plane is a credit to you and I hope to catch up with you at a fly in soon. Maybe Old Station?

Congratulations Mike. Your Nynja looks great and now flies very nicely after some minor adjustments. Enjoy flying your new Nynja I know you will love it. Don't envy you having to do 25 hours just in the training area but have fun anyway. Greg.