Torture...

Worst still, You have a perfect flying day so you set the alarm early to get to the airfield. The wife wakes up and looks at you with a look that says... Would you like a good reason to stay in Bed...????? Doh!

Mardy

• Like 4

NO sex please. We're British. Anyhow you shouldn't fly if your brain is short circuited.

That story doesn't add up Mardy. If you are ever going to a motel, and you want there to be no suspicion whatever that you are married, make sure you are having a great argument about everything, at the counter.. Nev

Worst still, You have a perfect flying day so you set the alarm early to get to the airfield. The wife wakes up and looks at you with a look that says... Would you like a good reason to stay in Bed...????? Doh!

Mardy

Easy solution-join the mile high club

Flying is better than sex. You don't get knocked back, you can do it for longer, the plane responds to your touch and you don't have to kiss and cuddle it for hours afterwards. You still might have to mow the lawn or fix something as a reward for being allowed, though. Nev

Sitting at my desk, looking at the airfield weather (for the umpteenth time) CAVU and 1-3k Kts wind, my very own perfectly serviceable aircraft waiting with 3.5hrs fuel on board, my dinged rib finally getting to where I could just face the drive out to the airfield and ... I've got the flu. *argh!*

Mardy

But remember Mardy, she still has to phone her sister to make sure she's up for it also. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

You got nothing!

Been "learning" for 5 years now. Did pre-GFPT flight with ATO about 4 years ago and he said I was good to pass my test. Then weather canned one test booking, then the next, then for some (stupid?) reason got "involved" with the damn school owner and now heavily involved in day-to-day operations and recent expansions. That's cutting a long story very short but net result is very little flying for me for 4 years! Sure i get the occasional "I've had a cancellation - you ready for a fly?" moments but they're never regular enough to get things together to get right back up to speed.

And there i was thinking over the candlelit dinners in those early months "This is awesome - I'm going to get to fly whenever I want if i keep seeing this girl. She has her own aircraft - this is so cool! And they're tax deductible! (shoot me - i'm an accountant after all)"

My problem is the schools local operation is booked solid with all 3 instructors taking bookings usually 4-6 weeks in advance. They're working their absolute butts off trying to keep on top of things and have been for years. I'm too nicer guy I suppose but it breaks my heart to make a booking knowing full well i'm pushing an enthusiastic student out!

So for me it's making bookings, keeping the BBQ gas bottle full, cleaning and refuelling aircraft and gazing wistfully out the windows in the office with coffee in hand...

torture.... the one perfect day this month I was set to go flying, i got called in to work the evening before, worked till 330am, back at it at 8am and worked right through... Nothing available since then, and now that I am set to go Saturday, it is windy and raining so probably won't get to. Ever get the feeling that someone (other than your spouse I mean) doesn't want you to do this?? GAHHH

So you get up early, ignore the wife's offer, go flying but the weather comes up very rough and you are struggling to get the aircraft back on the ground....then you suddenly remember your wife's offer.037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif.

Alan.

When you are stuck at work and you check the weather at your local airfield cavok, wind 1-3 knots, and some inconsiderate person keeps circling overhead as if to taunt me.... 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

I've had it all pan out nicely before...........Wake up feeling great, perfect day....not too hot/cold, go to work......Hmmm, not much on, ring Drifter owner.....a/c is in the hangar, no bookings. Tell the owner I'll be there in an hour, give the boss my leave app, and even enjoy the 45 minute ride on my Gixxer to get there. Have a good fang...stalls,steep turns, ccts, few greasers etc, then home in time for lunch.

• Like 4

Once (note past tense) had my plane hangared at a private ALA south of Canberra - no name required to those that know the area.

Sunny day, no wind, weekend - "sorry, runway's closed, I'm mowing the grass areas".

You're friggin kiddn me.

Regular occurrence.

Torture....perfect day, no sex on offer, so get up, go and fill the car with gas for the 1 hour drive to airfield. Look at receipt and see balance is $10.00. I hire and fly. Go back to bed and cry.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Guest Howard Hughes
When you are stuck at work and you check the weather at your local airfield cavok, wind 1-3 knots, and some inconsiderate person keeps circling overhead as if to taunt me.... 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

No, torture is when the wind is gusting 50 knots and you are out flying in it! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

At least today it was only gusting to 45!012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif