Email Addresses

Admin

Hi All

I am noticing that many of you are putting your email address in posts here on Recreational Flying. This is very dangerous for you as it allows spammers by way of using software that go into forum web sites and try and harvest email addresses from posts so they can start spamming you.

Please, if you want to/need to put your email address into a post, do so in a disguised manner with a note explaining how to ascertain your email address.

As an example, we all know that the "at" sign i.e. @ is used in email addresses, so we can disguise our email address by posting it like:

mynamedomain.com (insert @ between myname and domain)...a person would then know to use the email address of [email protected]

You can make up all kinds of different disguisers for your email address but in a way that any normal person (i.e. non email address harvesting software) would be able to ascertain what your email address is.

Another one for example is [email protected] (remove the 1 from the email address)

Hope this helps you in keeping your inbox more spam free but having the ability, only when necessary, to include your email address in a post

• Like 3