AusFly

Guest ozzie

Friday and Saturday are the days to be there, most of the good stuff on then. Go to www.ausfly.com.au to have a look at the program. I was talking to Mark Rowe recently and they are hoping to get the Wright flyer in the air, the weather will have to be perfect but it would be great to see it fly. They had it out last year as a static display and at one stage fired it up. SAAA have gone to great lengths to make the event inclusive of all facets of aviation so there should be something for everybody. So long as the weather co-operates it should be huge.Greg.[ATTACH=full]18758[/ATTACH]

I hope it flies further than the 120 ft flight (36 metres) the original Wright Flyer accomplished in December 1903.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few going from Watts Bridge. I may come up from Tocumwal for a day.

Know of anyone that would have a spare seat? I can help out with fuel etc...

I really hope they won't be using the same security outfit that was used for the wright flyer airshow several years ago. what a bunch of pelicans. could not even get close to any aircraft. really made for a dud weekend.

I might ride the Harley up and stay with Mum at Gilgandra, then ride over to Narromine each day. OME

Can't ride the Harley because the engine did a Jabiru on me yesterday. Will probably drive up.

OME

I'm going to be there, got the plane booked and the money sitting in a jar just for the weekend! I even had the WAC's spread over the lounge floor this weekend as the start to my planning! Leaving early on the Saturday.I still need to get accomodation, I'm too grumpy for a tent, probably fly to some nearby town.

If you see a white SportStar and a baldish guy near it, come say hello!

I'd look at the Narromine shire website for accomodation before you fly somewhere else, there are a few options. Narromine have taxis ($10 - $15 from the airstrip to anywhere in town) and if you flew to Dubbo for instance you would be looking at more $$$.

The Peppercorn Motel (10 min walk) appears fully booked that weekend and I would imagine that the rooms at the caravan park (next door) would be gone also.

Good Luck!!012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I will be at Ausfly cause I promised to have a Jabiru Reunion. So all jab people, jab engine people, RA-Aus people, people who breathe are welcome at the Jabiru Reunion tent even if you don't fly a jab. If you have seen a jab, you are welcome. We will be cooking snags and handing out morning tea and I have organised some forums. Stop in and say hi.

Cheers, Cazza

I will be the guy next to a white SportStar, wearing glasses. Come say hello! I will be finding Cazza if she is giving out both food and knowledge!

Yep come on over and say hi. I'll feed you and I have some experts giving out the knowledge.

Cazza

I hope to be there one way or the other, Saturday to Sunday morning most likely.

Great to hear Tomo...I might have to get some Recreational Flying hats made up or something so we can recognise every one...any thoughts?

Great to hear Tomo...I might have to get some Recreational Flying hats made up or something so we can recognise every one...any thoughts?

I suppose that would be the most effective, though usually I've had a pretty good success rate with just getting a few phone numbers prior and sending out a text or three upon arrival. If anyone wants to catch up PM your number and I'll add it into my phone. If the stars aline right and I'm a little lucky, I could be coming down with DJ in something a little fun. Just need to figure the ride home then... which shouldn't be an issue if DD is coming down.