AusFly

Guest ozzie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The field is not far from town. Someone will give you a lift. I'll be there with a car on Friday & Saturday.

Thanks. Sorry for the dumb follow-on question (using mogas is new for me), but is there likely to be jerry cans floating around? I don't think that we'll have room to bring any.

Thanks. Sorry for the dumb follow-on question (using mogas is new for me), but is there likely to be jerry cans floating around? I don't think that we'll have room to bring any.

RAAus had jerry cans at Natfly in previous years , to borrow on deposit, XXXXX (Caltex-listen to local knowledge) is over the other side of town about $20(each way) in a taxi if you can't track old man emu down.

I don't mind doing a fuel run about 3:00pm on Friday & Saturday. I won't post my mobile number here, but will display it somewhere central.

$20 in a taxi! Maybe a gold coin and a can of cold beverage per trip. I don't know it I can bring any empty drums, but I'll try.

(Another service to Recreational Aviation from QED Aircraft Parts & Hardware)109_groan.gif.66f71fc85b2fabe1695703d67c904c24.gif

OME

• Like 1

I don't mind doing a fuel run about 3:00pm on Friday & Saturday. I won't post my mobile number here, but will display it somewhere central.$20 in a taxi! Maybe a gold coin and a can of cold beverage per trip. I don't know it I can bring any empty drums, but I'll try.

(Another service to Recreational Aviation from QED Aircraft Parts & Hardware)109_groan.gif.66f71fc85b2fabe1695703d67c904c24.gif

OME

Thanks OME. Hope there won't be too many takers or you won't be able to walk straight. 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif 027_buddies.gif.22de48aac5a25c8f7b0f586db41ef93a.gif

Just saw this for tomorrow.. Dave

NARROMINE (YNRM)

C10/12

AVIATION CONFERENCE AND AIR DISPLAY

INCREASED AVIATION ACTIVITY VCY OF NARROMINE AD ASSOCIATED WITH

'AUSFLY 2012'. UNICOM COMMUNICATION STATION ESTABLISHED ON CTAF

FREQUENCY. APRON/PARKING ADVISORY FREQUENCY ESTABLISHED 120.85MHZ.

ADVISORY COMMUNICATION STATION ESTABLISHED ON CTAF FREQUENCY DURING

AIR DISPLAY OPERATIONS, CALLSIGN 'NARROMINE ADVISORY'.

NOTE: ACFT CONDUCTING AIR DISPLAYS MAY NOT BE MONITORING CTAF. AIR

DISPLAY HOURS OF ACTIVITY AS FOLLOWS:

1209140530 TO 1209140730

1209150100 TO 1209150300

1209150530 TO 1209150730

FURTHER INFORMATION ON 'AUSFLY 2012' AVBL ON THE AUSFLY WEBSITE AT:

WWW.AUSFLY.COM.AU/

SFC TO 8000FT AMSL

FROM 09 132200 TO 09 150800

Weather is cold mornings but beautiful days, wind 5kts to 11kts tonight

Best time of year out here

Im a local so if anyone needs help send email jwmr at bigpond.com.au

Id be surprised if you could leave when airshow is on due to it being held directly over the field

Inland Petroleum (was BP) is close to the field, carries 98, Caltex is only other option across town and does have Vortex.

There are 2 avgas supplies there, the local bowser and truck too

Can't make it this weekend ...

Sorry I couldn't bring you down in the Pitts but last weekend was a better option for me for other reasons. I would've happily given up my carry-on luggage allowance for you. The Pitts doesn't have the best visibility so I am wary about going into events like this with it - hard to see other traffic ahead and slightly below plus circuit speed doesn't fit with much of the traffic. (I've flown a Pitts into the Oshkosh Airshow twice with no worries as that was well controlled)
  • Like 1

Was a great couple of days, Managed the trip there in 11 hours and 10 1/2 hours on the way back, Was a great event, but I got some faulty information, we where told we couldnt go look at the flight line, after we where told at the breakfast that we could.. We didnt want to push anything, but besides that a Great time :) The Workshops where great! Next time will have to come with some questions!

We got back Sunday. It was a great time too. It was a total of 9.9 hours flying time, from Redcliffe to Inverell, to Narromine. Then that afternoon to Gilgandrah, then back on Sunday via Millmerran. My bum was numb and back hurt after that much flying in two day.

The arrival was interesting, some people were doing straight in approaches, some were doing calls like 13 miles out and 20 miles out, some were not responding to requests for position. The poor unicom guy tried hard, but we were placed over the town orbitting at the same end of town and the same altitude as a Jab. And many planes ignored his calls.

I liked that the museum hangar was open, and the trade displays. It was also a collection of great planes for sale by vendors. I enjoyed looking at them all, and got a good response from the dealers.

I got a personal lesson on OzRunways from those guys, and now use far more of it. Made a massive impact to me.

There were a lot of planes there, but I would have liked to have seen it open to the public, so that they could walk around the planes. And more for kids or wives to do. Not much entertainment besides looking at the airshow.

It was a great airshow, only thing is that is stopped you leaving when you wanted to. Add to that a hassle in getting fuel as it took a while to wait for the fuel truck, and it was frustrating if you had to leave to go to your accomodation. What was nice was that you could talk to the pilots of the airshow planes, about anything really, they were a good bunch.

I would have liked some seminars on the Saturday during the day, as they were all over by the time we arrived. In fact the whole place was closing up by Saturday 3pm. I can't get there during the week, but on the weekend less is happening.

But all up it was a great weekend. The ending was the best. We arrived at Caboolture at about 5pm, and there were three women in bikini's. We thought we were starved of oxygen for a while, but it turned out there was some photo shoot with cars there.

See you at the next one!

Ryan