AusFly

Guest ozzie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then back on Sunday via Millmerran.

I reckon I heard you make a call around the Toowoomba area - well there was a Sportstar something making a call (can't remember what now) while I was flying around Toowoomba in the 206. If you heard a C206 on the radio it was me Sunday afternoon...

From many of the pilots' comments, it seems to me that flying in was a free-for-all, which held the door open for a mid-air. Perhaps next time the organisers could apply to CASA for some sort of temporary control zone centred on Narromine, but with the OK for any airplane to operate under uncontrolled aerodrome rules. (ie not Class D airspace rules), except that they would have to follow the controller's directions.

Also, the airshow should be organised a lot better so that each display follows quickly on the one before. It dragged on. Likewise performers should have been mustered in a holding bay well away from the crowd so that their engine noises did not drown out those of the planes performing in the air.

And Ryan ... it's Gilgandra - no "h".

OME

Thanks for comments Linda.. I used a Contour Nflight cam GPS , it has audio jack in bottom of camera, also has cable/adaptor which plugs directly into cockpit audio, then headset into that adaptor. The camera is 1080P HD also! I thought the Go pro 2 also recorded audio, has jack in side camera. I have Go pro original, noticed coudnt really record audio, so found the Contour camera. http://www.nflightcam.com/ hope this helps.. Dave

• 1 year later...