Capitalism, a love affair

Hi Frank, I heard at work the figure of $65 Billion. 100 Billion by 2018. ABC radio, two days ago. Either way, that is alot on money for our state to pay back. Hence why the new state government is cutting govenment jobs.

G`Day Dazza, Bandaid on a cancer! To put it another way! Putting a finger in the hole of the leaking dam.

I think the new QLD premier may mean well but I fail to see how cutting a few jobs, thereby, creating hardship for those who will be without an income and those who may not find another job, is going to repay that sort of debt. I reckon it`s going to take a big bit more than that.

QLD Gov..... 092_idea.gif.47940f0a63d4c3c507771e6510e944e5.gif Got it, we`ll reduce the number of public servants and that will fix the debt.....007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Frank.

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care if 20 000 lose their jobs.They will have to find employment else where in a different field.Nobody owes anybody a living. I have had to change my career a few times in my working life.Due to the economic climate. I think the public servants that are getting put off.Should stop having a whinge and look for another job.Most of them are contractors anyway.

There are going to be alot more budget cuts than just cutting the fat out of the public service.Somebody has to make some tough decisions after the mess left by those two nob Jockies - Bligh and Beattie.

Just sayin

Hi All

a comment or 2 about this great state and the heavy burden inflicted by LABOR ipollies ,44 years in yhis country ,and again we are seeing another downturn thats 4 that i have come through and yes the bloody incompetant public service needs a wake up, in my former business i worked for.Q build,Energex Derm,and qld health they all squandered YOUR tax dollars ,they could not work in an iron lung,they waste money by the truckload and now they whinge that they may lose there jobs !get a pair and do what all people in the private sector do ,go get a job ,your right Dazza we are not entitled to a job ,they in the PS think that they do my wife is in admin and she sees people (generality here) PS workers who are their to just make the nos ,take thier obligatory sick day every month,my wife has had 3 days sick in 10 years ,and can,t believe the amount of sickies they are allowed .

thats my beef

Cheers gareth

I don't see how random sacking of the lower echelons of the public service actually fixes the structural problems. If anything the uncertainty of cuts tends to encourage the hard workers to look for better opportunities.

According to a few friends, its good time to be an IT contractor in Brisbane, the free market always fills the void when there is a crisis.

• Like 1

I don't see how random sacking of the lower echelons of the public service actually fixes the structural problems. If anything the uncertainty of cuts tends to encourage the hard workers to look for better opportunities.According to a few friends, its good time to be an IT contractor in Brisbane, the free market always fills the void when there is a crisis.

It works politically though FT... Play to emotions rather than common sense.

I get a chuckle out of John Mc Veigh, the new ag minister, turns up, 3 weeks after the election and announces that the LNP policy is to double the agricultural output by 2040. Now he is announcing that they are going to shut down the ag schools to save money.

• Like 1

When I joined the RAAF in 1988, we had approx 22 500 serving members.When I got out in april 1998.We were down to about 13 000.Over a few years we lost the 9 odd thousand due to natural attrition and redundancies.Back in the day along as you were vertical and breathing, you had a job in the RAAF. That was because after 32 years of age.Or somewhere near that age. You didnt have to do the yearly medical fitness test.We ended up with alot of unhealthy fat peeps.Anyway that all went out the window around the mid ninties.Maybe a bit earlier. Everybody had to do the yearly fitness test. Alot of peeps over that age group all of a sudden had to either get fit and pass. If they didnt pass they had to get fit and re do the test . ALot of peeps left the RAAF because they didnt want to do it.Fair enough their choice.After all the RAAF is a military establishment, members are supposed to be fit . It was easy anyway.2.4 Km Run. A hang test for I dont remember may 2 mintues or so. And I think 30 or 35 sit ups or something like that. When I left BAE systems who I worked for after the RAAF.I ended up in the construction industry for approx 12 years.

That was a up and down industry to work in. My biggest stint of un employment was 4 months. Nov - March this year. That industry has realy stopped dead in its tracks here in Oz. That is how I ended up in the resource sector. A lot of friends have moved interstate for work. A previous supervisor of mine has stayed here on the coast.He is a licenced Pool Builder but he had to buy a mowing run to keep going.I, as most know.Work away from home on a 2 on/2 off week basis FIFO. I would like to stay here on the Gold Coast but there next to no construction work here left. What I am trying to get at , is that people have to be resourceful and adaptable.There is no such thing a a guaranteed job these days.If they lose their job.They have to get motivated and look for another one.Or create one.

• Like 1

What I am trying to get at , is that people have to be resourceful and adaptable.There is no such thing a a guaranteed job these days.If they lose their job.They have to get motivated and look for another one.Or create one.

Hear! Hear! (a Parliamentary phrase:wink: but appropriate to what Dazza just wrote).

Remember folks, there would probably be no recreational flying without the capitalist system (as there is none in China, Albania, Cuba and North Korea).

Dazza the QLD PS has a 5% natural attrition rate, all the LNP had to do was call a halt to new hirings and they would have achieved their goals in less than 2 years. What they haven't fixed is the structural issues within the PS, they just want to wage war on the PS. They are no closer to sorting out the QLD Health payroll issues than before the election.

Dazza the QLD PS has a 5% natural attrition rate, all the LNP had to do was call a halt to new hirings and they would have achieved their goals in less than 2 years. What they haven't fixed is the structural issues within the PS, they just want to wage war on the PS. They are no closer to sorting out the QLD Health payroll issues than before the election.

True FT.I guess there is alot of things that have to be fixed up.I guess it takes time.

Remember folks, there would probably be no recreational flying without the capitalist system (as there is none in China, Albania, Cuba and North Korea).

Come now 80, just be careful what you say there, you don't want to go and open the reality check curtain, you may frighten these poor souls living in their Utopic world.

Regards Bill

• Like 1