Important Message

Admin

Hi Ian,

Does the current software support quizzes? 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif If it does, I was thinking of developing some multi-choice qns from the John Brandon tutorials, ATC Phrases, basic aeronautical knowledge, human factors, etc, as well as some humorous ones. "Resources", would be the best place for it, I guess. There were quizzes a couple of years back, but it never got off the ground for lack of content.

062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

Sue

• Like 4

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ian,Does the current software support quizzes? 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif If it does, I was thinking of developing some multi-choice qns from the John Brandon tutorials, ATC Phrases, basic aeronautical knowledge, human factors, etc, as well as some humorous ones. "Resources", would be the best place for it, I guess. There were quizzes a couple of years back, but it never got off the ground for lack of content.

Sue

Simply brilliant Sue and a very much appreciated contribution...The software doesn't currently support that however if you can create the quizzes, I will find a way to do it. We may well end up getting a Quiz section specifically developed for the site...on behalf of everyone here, thanks again for the offer

• 8 months later...
Hi Ian,Does the current software support quizzes? 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif If it does, I was thinking of developing some multi-choice qns from the John Brandon tutorials, ATC Phrases, basic aeronautical knowledge, human factors, etc, as well as some humorous ones. "Resources", would be the best place for it, I guess. There were quizzes a couple of years back, but it never got off the ground for lack of content.

Sue

Found this quiz a while ago - cant answer for the accuracy of the answers, but might be the sort of thing you are after to put on this site.......

http://www.xsymetrix.com.au/blog/index.cfm/2008/7/10/Online-BAK-pop-quiz

Cheers

Gerry

This is a perennial problem with simplex communication (ie one way at a time). People type in an answer to a question and don't take the time to re-read and consider their answer. What results is a response that sometimes comes off as unintentionally abrupt. I don't know what the solution to this is other than to keep reminding people to re-read and re-read again and think before you press "submit". Does your response really convey the tone that you would like?...

One of the best features of this forum is the "Edit" function. A dumb mistake can get thru proof-reading, so it is good to be able to tidy up one's own post after seeing it appear as other form-users do.

Hey Guys, Where do you start new forum threads? Thanks Dave.

When looking at the "Sub-Forum" (ie "Aircraft General Discussion", "Avionics Engines and Props - Rec", etc) there is a blue button top right of the light blue part of the page.

• 2 weeks later...
When looking at the "Sub-Forum" (ie "Aircraft General Discussion", "Avionics Engines and Props - Rec", etc) there is a blue button top right of the light blue part of the page.

Thanks for the assistance. Much Appreciated.

Maybe some more how to videos for less computer savvy people like me.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to PM someone ?

Also possibly a time delay on the post reply button to edit your comment in retrospect.

Sometimes I have thought oops maybe I should not have said that........to late

Maybe some more how to videos for less computer savvy people like me.For the life of me I can't figure out how to PM someone ?

Also possibly a time delay on the post reply button to edit your comment in retrospect.

I just sent you a PM. How I did it was that I click on your name "VFR Pilot" which is located just below your avatar Picture. Then I clicked on "Start a conversation". That brings you to another page. Then your put in the topic and type away.

The PM- I you, you will find at the top of the page on the right hand side. There will be a little red box with a white number 1 in it. This box is situated below the "inbox" heading.

Maybe some more how to videos for less computer savvy people like me.For the life of me I can't figure out how to PM someone ?

To start a personal conversation with another user simply click their username and a box opens up and you click "Start a conversation"

1.jpg.b74bb1ea135b9197ac267c440c4fc0c7.jpg

There will be some more How To videos coming once the site update is completed and the new Help Desk is added.

You have 20mins after making a post to edit it

I think what may be confusing people about the P.M thing, is that if the member they want to message has their privacy set so that only some members can see their profile, then there is no option to P.M them..........

Regards Bill

• Like 1

I think what may be confusing people about the P.M thing, is that if the member they want to message has their privacy set so that only some members can see their profile, then there is no option to P.M them..........Regards Bill

That's true...users can select to receive PMs, receive PMs from only those that they follow or not receive PMs at all...same goes for viewing your profile...all these can be set in your site settings under Privacy