Wanted: Level 2 close to Proserpine.

Can anyone help in my search for a Level 2 to conduct an aircraft condition report in the Proserpine area? I am prepared, of course, to pay for this service. You can PM me on this site for phone details or with your contact. Thank you for your time, Don

Guest Maj Millard

Sapphire, The Ultralight Aircraft Condition Report (UACR) is not an aircraft pre-purchase inspection. Unfortunatly it is often seen as such, but is only an RAAus in-house report on the general condition of the aircraft for re-registration purposes., period !!..It carries no guarantee that the aircraft is , or is not airworthy, and clearly states that at the heading of the form !!...

A full and proper aircraft pre-purchase inspection should be performed on any aircraft, prior to laying down cash for that aircraft. It is performed by a suitably knowledgable, and qualified person, on the aircraft type, and is arranged between that person and the prospective purchaser.

To purchase any aircraft without a proper in-depth pre-purchase inspection, is to not only risk the loss of your money, but in the worse-case scenero also your life.

As a level 2 I constantly see aircraft that have been purchased without a pre-purchase inspection that have been found by the new owner to have serious and often dangerous problems.

The last person you believe when purchasing a new or used aircraft is the seller..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...................................................................Maj...028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif:pokerface:013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

Of course you want to get a pre purchase inspection Maj, but I was reading somewhere that the legal implications are unfair to any inspector who [implied] could be sued regardless of the disclaimer if an undiscovered fault caused an accident. Two hours is not much time to check an a/c- eg as per previous posts mice eating halfway through a spar. You will not be able notice it on some a/c till the wing fell off.

Guest Maj Millard

That's exactly correct Sapphire. In fact an L2 was recently sued and taken to court in SE Qld for not reporting the full extant of corrosion in an aircraft, on a UACR form. He lost the case, and lost his rural property in the process.

As an L2 who often submits UACRs, I am now very carefull what I do, or don't, report in them. I intend to discuss this problem with the new tech manager when I get a chance, as it needs to be made more clear what the form is, or isn't, and the fact that it is not a substitute for a full and through pre-purchase inspection by a qualified person..............................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

And further, if I personally am contracted to do a full pre-purchase inspection by a purchaser, I will charge an appropriate hourly rate, and would need the aircraft for at least a day, or for whatever time it takes me to fully, and completely acertain the true condition and history of the aircraft. This would entail a complete logbook and history search, a complete strip and detailed inspection of the airframe, engine testing and running, and possibly some dismantling if required, and maybe a test flight to see how the aircraft flys, performs, and trims out.

Only after all that, can I honestly and knowledgably say "yes this is a good aircraft ..buy it !"

On some occasions if the aircraft is near new, and the history is known to me, I can within a couple of hours say to a buyer that I like the aircraft. This is generally not the case however................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif