A New Girl....

Guest aussieaviatrix

I'll keep it in mind! :)Not likely, Mr Tomo! You just have to accept one day that Hurricanes actually are the superior aircraft......but hope I'm not opening a giant can of worms here.....075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

Tomo & everyone else had better take notice off AA, she really knows what she is talking about! Go the Hurricane!

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its awesome to see some YOUNG people getting involved in aviation... and i mean no disrespect whatsoever to the older generation, because without them there would be no aviation! But someone has to carry it on, and most of the young people these days are dead beats (geez this makes ME sound old) and i wouldnt trust them to drive a lawn mower, let alone an aircraft!Any way, that was my round about way of saying, Well done, and keep it up.

yep great to see another youngen, good luck on getting the certificate.

The hurricane was better than the Spitfire in several ways however, the Spifire was better in other ways.Alan.

Without the Hurricane, the Battle of Britain would have been lost (by the Brits)

Without the Hurricane, the Battle of Britain would have been lost (by the Brits)

Very true, however it was the combination of both but if the Germans had been able to fit Merlin engines in their fighters it could have been a different outcome again.

Alan.

Guest aussieaviatrix
Okay, She'll probably shoot me later (though she won't get anymore plane rides if she does that 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif)... but I found some of her first Drifter experience...

Awfully sorry to burst your bubble, Mr Tomo, but I'm afraid that wasn't actually my first Drifter experiece.....the first one would have been out at Clifton! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

who is your instructor @ clifton?

Usually Trevor, but sometimes I fly with Daniel.

Nice to see so many fans of my beloved Hurricane!! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif I've been trying to convince Tomo for years........augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Awfully sorry to burst your bubble, Mr Tomo, but I'm afraid that wasn't actually my first DrifterNice to see so many fans of my beloved Hurricane!! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif I've been trying to convince Tomo for years........augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Yeah, yeah, but it was the first experience with me in the Drifter... 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

So so sad, looks like you've found all the support you need, I'll just have to go and fly my Spitfire without you then...

• Like 1

Yeah, yeah, but it was the first experience with me in the Drifter... 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gifSo so sad, looks like you've found all the support you need, I'll just have to go and fly my Spitfire without you then...

Spitfire, or, Saphire, just don't forget your weights and balance checks, if you intend to take her for a ride sitting on your lap in the Solitare, co's probably the poor motor won't be the only thing working up a sweat

Spitfire, or, Saphire, just don't forget your weights and balance checks, if you intend to take her for a ride sitting on your lap in the Solitare, co's probably the poor motor won't be the only thing working up a sweat

......and it would have two joysticks.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan.

• Like 2

Guest aussieaviatrix
Yeah, yeah, but it was the first experience with me in the Drifter... 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gifSo so sad, looks like you've found all the support you need, I'll just have to go and fly my Spitfire without you then...

You sound so devastated! poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif Haha when you get that Spitfire of yours let me know....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

apparently the old guy that bought it had it flown up to clifton, took it up for 1 flight, decided it was too fast in landing and never flew it again. then he died and its sat in that hangar ever since.

its a jabiru powered Supermarine aircraft Spitifire

As I understand it the Spanish government received some ME109 (possibly g models) in about 1943... In the 50's they decided to utilize them but as the local Supercheap had no Daimler Benz engines in stock they had to settle for Merlins... dont know what model or hp.............

Guest aussieaviatrix
apparently the old guy that bought it had it flown up to clifton, took it up for 1 flight, decided it was too fast in landing and never flew it again. then he died and its sat in that hangar ever since.its a jabiru powered Supermarine aircraft Spitifire

Is it a Jab engine is it? I think I'd heard it was something else, but it's been a while. I'll have to ask about it again next time I go out......which will probably be be after exams!! :(

Apparently it belongs to the guy's son now but as far as I know he has no real interest in it, a great pity.

Is it a Jab engine is it? I think I'd heard it was something else, but it's been a while. I'll have to ask about it again next time I go out......which will probably be be after exams!! :(Apparently it belongs to the guy's son now but as far as I know he has no real interest in it, a great pity.

P1060122.JPG.b84fcd7e64b457fa7afd3a55215ce6ac.JPGP1060122.JPG.b84fcd7e64b457fa7afd3a55215ce6ac.JPG

P1060130.JPG.2ee0e93b297687f0f625f5f32d126a76.JPG

P1060136.JPG.ca6c3baf8cd523a413574d10f8f493e3.JPG

• Like 1

you must have noticed that the hangars in Clifton are full of dust catchers, so its not the only dream that came to rest.

I think the son would like to rid of it but no one wants to buy it, I think they paid $150K for it.