Two Governing Bodies

Admin

Would the recreational pilot and industry benefit by having two governing bodies?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Would the recreational pilot and industry benefit by having two governing bodies?

• No, we are better just having one controlling body for 3 Axis recreational pilots as it is now
    • Yes, pilots having a choice of 2 Gov Bodies for 3 Axis would be a good thing & good for the indu
    • No, BUT we are better off just having one overall controlling body for ALL recreational aviation
    • Yes, but ALL types of recreational aviation be combined but managed by two competing entities

1. I don't think anyone is denigrating RAA; they certainly are critical of some people, and I agree they should be.

2. Recreational Aviation Australia Inc. is an Incorporated Association which can and has made its own rules

All aviators have to comply with CASA regulations because we all fly in the same airspace.

3. Apart from carefully reading the discussions on this forum it would pay to carefully read all the conditions of the GA licence. My opinion is that it has so many little conditions and limitations that it's more worthwhile getting the DAME medical and doing a couple more things to keep the PPL current.

4. I agree with you on the membership fees and registration - way too high for what you get.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the amount of noise denigrating RAAus on this forum,

Yenn,

I may have missed some threads to which you are referring, but I see it differently to your above in the threads that I posted to on some of these issues.

I believe that some of us have been vocally concerned about what appears to be issues of management & governance at the top of the organisation, at the Executive and at the Board level.

I don't in any way see that as "denigration", I see it as concerned members who believe that the RAAus could do it better, and more-so, suggesting or demanding how that might be achieved.

I see that as constructive, not destructive, and healthy for the organisation. A prime example is the Constitutional Changes that were approved today.

Regards Geoff

• Like 1

That will always be the problem with such a small sample number. It is also one of the things that I dislike about polls on here, with so many registered users logging in each day, and only registered users can vote in a poll, that so little do bother to vote...it is simply a click of a button, there is nothing strenuous about it yet it makes for some great topics of conversation and the intent was for some great indicators...I have had to do a lot in the behind the scenes aspects of the site and its code to allow for polls so perhaps it may be better to make the site cleaner in its default code and remove the polls feature, if the interest isn't going to be there...besides I rattle my brain every Monday morning trying to come up with some kind of an interesting poll each week whilst I could be doing other things...so, perhaps we have a poll asking if polls are worth it and if we don't get at least 350 votes (5% of registered users) for either choice then we remove them, and save the effort as nothing can be gained from them..

I like the polls and vote in quite a few of them. However the 350 threshold is too high because in really busy times I may not access this forum for a week at a time and I could just miss the crucial poll.

I would continue running the polls but perhaps once per fortnight is fine. Alternatively, run one poll at the beginnin of every month and for other topical issuess run a mid-month poll also.