Who is going to Monto?

Mick

Ok, so now that Ausfly is done & dusted let's talk about NorAus at Monto. Who's going & what are you flying?

At this stage I plan on flying over for the day on Friday, coming home for Friday night then Hellen & I will fly over Saturday morning to stay Saturday night.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there but not in my aircraft :(.......I haven't got the 25 hrs up yet but hopefully by then she will have but I haven't completed my cross country endorsement yet. So I will be driving up from my farm on saturday morning staying overnight at Monto then back to the farm for sunday night then back to Brisbane on Monday.

Hopefully! I've been generously offered a lift by some kind soul, just remains for me to see if annual leave got approved, should find out tonight at work! Would be good to meet some folks.

And Tomo I'm sure you can find an aircraft to come up in... You seem to have access to a stable of them

Haha, yeah not overly concerned about aircraft availability... more an issue of time for me these days!! Mine will be in the air by then too hopefully, almost finished the fuel tank off. Pretty happy with it so far.

And as for the Pawnee, they're only fun if you're at 3ft... augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif or have someone hanging off the back.

Guest Maj Millard

Will be hooking up with Ian and Julie Wells in their 'Savvy 'Cab Sav'at Heathrow (Proserpine), and then down to Marian (Mackay) to pick up my refueller and backup pilot Hongie. Then direct to Dingo roadhouse for a late brekkie or early lunch. Should be overhead Monto mid arvo Friday. See you all there !!..............................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Will be hooking up with Ian and Julie Wells in their 'Savvy 'Cab Sav'at Heathrow (Proserpine), and then down to Marian (Mackay) to pick up my refueller and backup pilot Hongie. Then direct to Dingo roadhouse for a late brekkie or early lunch. Should be overhead Monto mid arvo Friday. See you all there !!..............................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

You do get around Maj!

Looks like it will be a good weekend for everyone.

Just had a look at Monto on Google maps -what do they grow there; seems to be a lot of area under cultivation?

Pud

Monto used to be a big dairying area until the de regulated the dairy industry. Now it is not worth milking cows and the cheese factory has closed. Lucerne, sorghum are I think the main crops grown now.

so yep looks like im going to monto, maj millard and weather (and otherwise) gods willing!

For those that have been, what suggestions do you have for a young technologically connected fella such as myself for keeping my iBits (phone and pad) charged? I'm going to go tomorrow and look for a solar charger or similar?

Hongie

I will also be attending Monto but not sure which days yet as it is only a 1/2 hour flight from Bundy so maybe 1 or 2 day trips.

I use my nokia phone charger in the cig lighter socket in the plane. If Maj has one in his plane it would be a good excuse to go for a local flight each day to charge them up otherwise you can charge them up in mine. Do you have a cig lighter charger?

I would be keen to catch up for a chat with you all over there.

Safe Flying

JabSP6

Guest Maj Millard

Hongie, I do have a spare charger socket usable inflight in the Lightwing, with a notepad-safe charger with USB input. (damn high-tech huh) I generally keep my 2x phone batterys charged, and also the notepad if I can. We will also have a vehical at Monto so may also be able to use that. Otherwise yes we will have to force ourselves to go for a fly each day to keep things happening !................................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Hongie, I do have a spare charger socket usable inflight in the Lightwing, with a notepad-safe charger with USB input. (damn high-tech huh) I generally keep my 2x phone batterys charged, and also the notepad if I can.

Who said the Lightwing was low-tech? augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif poking.gif.62337b1540bd66201712a53e2664c9b4.gif throw_tomato.gif.8a27f69a28c208ea05bc7ad066007de8.gif

yep i do have a cigarette socket charger, i will bring that. I might still investigate a solar charger or a portable nuclear fission system/hydrogen generator or similar. :P all jokes aside, portable hydrogen fuel cells are already available, albeit at considerable expense and weight. Its only a matter of time until they are viable.

I also wonder who will be the 1st manufacturer to make a phone or tablet (more likely due to size) with a PV cell on the back? Cases for ipads are already available with them, but they are around $200.