Who is going to Monto?

Mick

Flight plan done, weather looks like it should hold for tomorrow for a bit... so it's all on for a early departure, via Kingaroy to get some Avgas for the thirsty C206 and pick up a couple mates and on we come... hoping to arrive around 8.30 ish. Keep an eye out for me... bringing a disabled mate in a chair, so if you see a wheel chair getting pushed around I probably won't be far from it! (I'll be wearing a shirt with PNG flag colours - Red/Black/Yellow)

I'll probably have to leave around 3.30-4pm ish though.

See you there! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maj Millard and Hongie are on their way in Majs Lightwing... Turbo (Turbs is up here on holidays!)and I met them at Marian and had a chat while Hongie got loaded and refuelling. Was quite a good morning catching up with Rec Flying Members on the fly...

Got a text a just now while writing... they are at Dingo Roadhouse.

yep i do have a cigarette socket charger, i will bring that. I might still investigate a solar charger or a portable nuclear fission system/hydrogen generator or similar. :P all jokes aside, portable hydrogen fuel cells are already available, albeit at considerable expense and weight. Its only a matter of time until they are viable.I also wonder who will be the 1st manufacturer to make a phone or tablet (more likely due to size) with a PV cell on the back? Cases for ipads are already available with them, but they are around $200.

Hi l run hydrogen fuel cells on my diesel 80 series land cruiser l often thought of putting one on 912 .

• Like 1

I saw a Hydrogen "thingy" on a 4wd recently... How does it work?

Hi Winsor l have had mine working for about nine months l have two cells working they draw 25watts you can regulate the wattage by the electrolyte concentration l use distilled water and caustic soda l carry three lites of electrolyte l have only topped it up every three months and put about 500 mls.

The hydrogen gas passes through white vinegar to neutrilise the caustic then feed into the air intake my cuts in when l push the throttle l run my cruiser on cooking oil diesel mix and hydrogen and sometimes LP gas as well.

here is a diagram of how it is produced

cheers Geoff.

Guest Maj Millard

We all overnighted at Emu park with pizza and beer in town. Rain overnight and this morning, good news is tent doesn't leak and were all sleeping in !.......Flight Monto to Emu park yesterday was very senic and character-building. Were all fuelled and hoping to head North today sometime today...(cab Sav, Lightwing, Jab 230) ....Cheers from all.....................................................Maj...bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Guest Maj Millard

All made it home today safetly. After walking into town for brekky at Emu park, and walking back to the strip the weather had broken, so off we went . (Cab Sav, Lightwing and Jab 230) We all took a cuppa break at St Lawrence where we were met by our ground support, with more chocolate sticks. Then off up the coast for a lovely cruise above numerous lovely beaches. Ian and Julie Wells departed to 'Heathrow' north of Mackay,...Barry in the Jab to his base at Bowen further North, and I continued on to Montpelier at Townsville, arriving at 4.30 pm. A great memorable days flying had by all, in less than ideal conditions a lot of the time...............................................Maj...080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif