New

Hi all just gone from fix wing to powered parachute and recommend this low and slow form of flight to all .didnt even know this was happening here in wa and have met a great bunch of new friends .give it a go..........

Na it'll sort itself ? Best it fits in 2/2mtrs up in 20mtrs set up 5min no hanger no l2 and room for a victim what more can you want unless you want to actually go some place and then walk the 10k to town

I prefer fixed wing aircraft. Seen parachutes collapse in turbulance. Do you wear another parachute in case that one fails?

Not to sure where you got your imfo about parachutes collapsing in tubulance,I fly a Aerochute PPC,and I chose it because of its impeccable safety

record,and being CASA approved.Not one fatality in 20 years,since the introduction of them.Unlike the fix wing aircrafts.Also the parachutes are

made from stop rip nylon,I flew in one for one and a half hours with a 12 inch tear in it.I dont know how much more I can really say.

I flew in one for one and a half hours with a 12 inch tear in it.I dont know how much more I can really say.

I"ll say it-no thanks

I say yes thanks,which is why I am still here talking about the incident.

It was a very old chute with some strands on the tear,which suggested it was there for a while.It was my friends Aerochute who came up with me on our flight and

allowed me to fly it.We did some low flying on his farm doing some pig shooting.The next week my friend patched it up with a patch kit he got with

his Aerochute.All the patch kit contains is a 1x1 meter square patch which is the nylon as your chute is made from.You then use a cut out of that

patch which is to extend 50mm each end of the tear,you then smear an even film of Selleys silicone roof and gutter sealant NEUTRAl cure translucent from which you can get from your hardware and press the patch over the tear and allow to dry.its that easy.This is the proper way explained by the

Aerochute manufacturers,which i read out from my manual.just make sure you dont use the silicone acidic cure,only the nuetral cure.Have fun.

I say yes thanks,which is why I am still here talking about the incident.

I remember seeing video of a chute collapsing and the then coming good again once it left the turbulance. I am sure this sort of flying gives you a big thrill, but for me I would sooner get my thrill on Blueberry Hill.

Its very safe trust me,which is why a lot of fixed wing pilots fly them as well.

I remember seeing video of a chute collapsing and the then coming good again once it left the turbulance. I am sure this sort of flying gives you a big thrill, but for me I would sooner get my thrill on Blueberry Hill.

You wouldn't get me in one of those things!

Definition of 'one those things' - anything someone else flies that is different to what I fly which is obviously more dangerous than my chosen flying machine.....insane.gif.b56be3c4390e84bce5e5e6bf4f69a458.gif

Funny how the most ignorant are the best critics!

You wouldn't get me in one of those things! Definition of 'one those things' - anything someone else flies that is different to what I fly which is obviously more dangerous than my chosen flying machine.....insane.gif.b56be3c4390e84bce5e5e6bf4f69a458.gif

Funny how the most ignorant are the best critics!

Funny how the most ignorant are the best critics hey.If you havnt tried it how the bloody hell would you know.095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif

If you haven't tried it how the bloody hell would you know?095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif

I think you've just given us the definition of 'ignorant'.

008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

The definition of ignorant is someone who lacks knowlege,such as yourself who has never flown these beutifull machines,but are very quick to critisis them:roflmao:

The definition of ignorant is someone who lacks knowlege,such as yourself....

Crikey Fred! If you actually read my post you'll see that I was supporting your argument. I am not criticising your choice of aircraft. You might even be surprised at the variety of aircraft I happily fly. Shessh.....

The definition of ignorant is someone who lacks knowlege,such as yourself who has never flown these beutifull machines,but are very quick to critisis them:roflmao:

Actually, it's my knowledge that keeps me out of dangerous situations, like following the proverbial sheep over a cliff:roflmao:

A

Actually, it's my knowledge that keeps me out of dangerous situations, like following the proverbial sheep over a cliff:roflmao:

And it is my knowlege that knows when you have an engine out, you will be a sheep of a cliff wishing you had a brs chute on your wing.029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

My wife has flown in many aircraft over the years but there are some she would never fly in, the Powered Parachute being one of them HOWEVER a few years ago she plucked up the courage to fly in one piloted by the very able late Oliver Males and she thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have also flown one and had a ball. We operate several at Truro Flats Airpark in SA.

Alan.