aircraft missing from Monto

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 6 Pob maybe the Dragon....I hope all are safe...bloody sickening news

Police and the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) are searching for a plane missing near the Sunshine Coast.

AMSA has confirmed they received a request for assistance and the plane's emergency beacon was activated just before 3:00pm.

It is understood the vintage light aircraft has six people on board and there are grave concerns for their safety.

AMSA has sent a helicopter to search the area near where the EPIRB was activated, about 45 nautical miles north-west of Caboolture.

Police are coordinating a ground search and more aircraft will join the search this evening.

We stopped at Gympie airport to have lunch today as we usually do there were a couple of aircraft doing low level circuits around 500 ft agl..the cloud base looked around 1500 at best and it just got worse with rain as I drove home...it was really bad weather south of Gympie and constant spitting and rain between the new highway just south all the way back to here just south of Ycab..... I am hoping he found a field somewhere but its all tiger country and mountains south of there but at least a few valleys.

From news.com.au -

A search area between Kingaroy and Maleny has been established.

The search is being hampered by thick, low cloud.

An AGL action rescue helicopter spokeswoman said the helicopter was tasked to join the search shortly after the beacon was activated.

"It has now been sometime since there was any communication from the pilot and the beacon is no longer active," the spokeswoman said.

The Australian Rescue Coordination Centre is currently establishing the search area.

The beacon no longer active does not sound good, will make the search more difficult.

A Dornier is due around 7pm apparently to help in the search.

If anyone has any information regarding who was on board and you're willing to pass it on, could you PM me or something so I can pass it on? Have had a few calls asking if I knew anything.

Guest Andys@coffs

People

If you havent ever looked up "SPOT" as a potential adjunct to a becaon then now might be the time to do it. I intend to get one myself shortly

Andy