aircraft missing from Monto

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's VH-UXG - a dark red and silver DH Dragon rapide (?) - beautiful a/c with interesting history......... Guys lets all stay positive for the outcome. But it isn't looking good. :-(

I would have thought the search pattern was a bit further south (according to Flightradar24.com) as most locals know of the Kilcoy to Caboolture corridor when there is low cloud around the ranges.

I flew back on Sat arvo and I flew down to Kilcoy to avoid "tiger country" around the Connondale National Park ranges. And that was 5500' vfr.

They have heat seeking gear on board can find heat from engines and people etc.....he did a loop near connondale but has resumed the pattern now

That loop had me thinking they may have found her.

[ATTACH=full]19300[/ATTACH]

http://www.antique-aeroplane.com.au/2010_national_fly_in_griffith?wid=192&func=viewSubmission&sid=592

The aircraft "Kiama" VH-UXG is a most beautiful Dragon which has been immaculately restored. It has been a regular attendee at AAAA National Fly-ins for some years.

My thoughts are with the souls on board and all their families.

Kaz

• Like 2

Guest Maj Millard

That looks like a standard search pattern. That beautifull aircraft did a lot of flying at monto this weekend. It is quite historic with a lot of history in Queensland. the WX today was less than ideal in a lot of areas.....................

Looks like the Dornier is going home now...I am probably a bit dumb in this area but I would have thought the track of a search would be more systematic like zig zag etc then what the green is showing

2.jpg.ae62ad82c709df5a78bc6dcc86c9e3ec.jpg

Guest Maj Millard

There are several types of search patterns that they use, depending on terrain, situation etc. Some are explained in the back of ERSA...............................................