aircraft missing from Monto

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andys@coffs

So ppq came from essendon, yet aerorescue on their website says they have aircraft, among others, at BNE. You'd have to wonder why MLB based aircraft was dispatched. Also if refuel needed now doesn't say much about time on station......

This was a beautiful aircraft... I saw it flying over the Isa in the North West Corner of the State about 11 years ago... she was no hanger queen. Lets hope she is in a field somewhere between ridges and no reception with flooding stopping them from leaving the machine to raise the alarm..

• Like 1

VUG was in a standard holding patern for BNE, which just happens to be near the search area. Aerorescue currently have the Dornier 328 PPG based at BNE. I believe the crew are required to be at the airport during daylight hours, so they can be airborne ASAP, so perhaps that aircraft went TECH.

Guest Andys@coffs

Wikipedia says a dornier 328 has a range of 1000nm. If that is true of the AMSA aircraft then YMEN to search area is around 760nm.......

Guest jabiru

Sorry GAFA, But it just looked like VH- VUG was in the Looking (mode) Des and Crew were at many AAAA fly-In's and the just nice's of people you could find, God look over them.

Any more information ...anyone??

I think that pprune report was just an assumption based on the search pattern continuing to pass over the point at it's centre, in the graphic that accompanied the comment.

Looks like the Dornier is going home now...I am probably a bit dumb in this area but I would have thought the track of a search would be more systematic like zig zag etc then what the green is showing[ATTACH]19301[/ATTACH]

Hi Ian

In two of the green circles, where they flaten out is parallel to the topo ridge lines. They are probably also trying to home in on the beacon freq. Depending on the condition and angle of the beacon's antenna the signal could be bouncing around a bit and that could be why all the track lines are not merging on the one location all the time. Any how the SAR mission co-ord and crew are doing the job well. Hoping for good news.

Cheers Mike

Fingers crossed but it doesn't sound great.....I drove from Murgon through to Brissy airport and back this afternoon, and the weather was pretty ordinary. Heard about the search on the radio a couple of times.

Guest Andys@coffs

PPQ back in the air searching now....... Perhaps others can advise why now and not hrs ago.....duty crew restrictions?

He seems to be going over the same ground but not small enough to pin point something...this is a learning curve for me and no doubt could always come in handy knowing that this is what they do

Surely of the seven people on board, one must have a mobile phone !! Even if they have landed successfully and are in a bad reception area, one must only walk about 100 metres or so to get a good signal. Here's hoping that all is well.

This is the current view...when this is over I hope someone can explain the logic of what was going on throughout this...BrettR44 (user here) use to be a crew member on the Dornier so perhaps he will come on and explain it all for us...information like this I think would be a great help should a situation ever arose for any of us.

2.jpg.0022792e0129eb176f4b3c97d1d091c5.jpg