aircraft missing from Monto

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest .:BETA:.

AERIAL SEARCH LOCATES MISSING AIRCRAFT IN SOUTH-EAST QUEENSLAND

The search for a missing aircraft in south-east Queensland has been suspended following the

confirmed sighting of the wreckage this afternoon.

An AGL Action rescue helicopter sighted the red biplane north of Borumba Dam before 2pm.

The search team has confirmed there are no survivors.

Queensland Police are on the scene and continuing further investigations.

The Australian Maritime Safety Authority would like to thank those involved in the search and

members of the public for their input.

I supply YHBA CTAF feed with my radio here, to LiveATC server in USA and have just temporarily switched to SAR channel for today for you guys to hear what is going on. I never intended it to receive signal 100NM away! So sorry about static. I made a tuned 1/4 dipole but it is mounted too low for best reception - works well for local stuff though!

Try a 5/8th or even better, a jpole. Lower radiation angle hence greater gain. I'm starting on a small yagi for the fun of it.

Condolences to all family and friends. RIP. No way to celebrate my birthday..... 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

J170 - thanks for that I may consider the 5/8th arrangement.

I need to switch the radio back to YHBA CTAF as there's no activity anyway. Thanks for listening.

I didn`t know any of the people in the aircraft but I`ve been following this thread and thought the result is what I expected, I`m very saddened to have it confirmed. My condolences to all the families and friends.

Frank.

Now I really don't understand given these coordinates why the flight path wasn't the first place searched? This location lines up pretty much exactly between Monto and Caboolture.

They may have CB. I havent seen any footage as yet. But it depends on how a Aircraft comes down. If a Aircraft comes down in a vertical or near vertical trajectory in dense bush.It will be nearly imposible to see it, unless directly over the crash site. If however, a aircraft comes down in a control shallow descent.The broken trees and tree limbs will stick out. Making it easier to indentify.

Generally search & recues will start on the most likely Track & last reported fix if there is one , then the search area widens outwards.