No, I'm not young anymore.

nomadpete

A self-important college graduate walking along the beach took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen resting on the steps why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

”You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one”, the student said loud enough for others to hear.

The young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon. We have nuclear energy, ships and cell phones, computers with light speed and so much more.”

After a brief silence, the senior citizen responded as follows:

“You’re right son. We didn’t have those things when we were young, so we invented them. Now, you arrogant child what are you doing for the next generation?”

• Like 6

A self-important college graduate walking along the beach took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen resting on the steps why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.”You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one”, the student said loud enough for others to hear.

The young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon. We have nuclear energy, ships and cell phones, computers with light speed and so much more.”

“You’re right son. We didn’t have those things when we were young, so we invented them. Now, you arrogant child what are you doing for the next generation?”

The young bloke is probably going to go into finance and sell derivatives to superannuation funds and make himself a millionaire.

A self-important college graduate walking along the beach took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen resting on the steps why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.”You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one”, the student said loud enough for others to hear.

That must have been a very, very old man considering that (and that's just going of the top of my head, without fact checking):

- television - started around 1920's

- jet planes - 1940's

- man walking on the moon - late 1960's and there hasn't been any since 1972 (checked this one)

- nuclear energy - 1940's

- ships - 500 BC?

- cell phones - 1980's

- computers - 1940's, but getting popular by 1980's

One thing that just hit me looking at those dates - I think we need another great war, for some technological progress, as we've been riding on the inventions from the last 2 for a bit too long.

Also another thing - at 31 I'm already starting to no longer understand today's kids and feeling like the thread title.

“You’re right son. We didn't have those things when we were young, so we invented them. Now, you arrogant child what are you doing for the next generation?”

It took a lot of convincing to get my niece to realize the internet was invented in the 60s.

It took a lot of convincing to get my niece to realize the internet was invented in the 60s.

A lot of things were invented in the 60's and earlier and just improved on recently. I survived in those days.

No pilots were harmed in the making of this post.

I switched off my GPS once. I've still not recovered from the experience 052_no_way.gif.ab8ffebe253e71283aa356aade003836.gif

It took me 20 minutes today to work out how to unlock my iPad. I was thinking about it so much I forgot to pick up my purse when leaving the pancake fly-in at Wahring Field and didn't realise until I got back to Shepparton a short distance away.

It's the technology did it, not my age!

kaz

• Like 2

It took me 20 minutes today to work out how to unlock my iPad. I was thinking about it so much I forgot to pick up my purse when leaving the pancake fly-in at Wahring Field and didn't realise until I got back to Shepparton a short distance away.It's the technology did it, not my age!

kaz

If I was there Kaz, would have had the pesky Ipad up in running in ........ oh ........... 20 seconds!!!

Guest Howard Hughes
The young bloke is probably going to go into finance and sell derivatives to superannuation funds and make himself a millionaire.

Or write an app so the rest of his generation can do the same, he of course will be a multi-millionaire...

Making himself millions and in the process losing millions of dollars from retirement funds.

No

Making himself millions and in the process losing millions of dollars from retirement funds.

Not from my retirement fund, he won't!

Kaz

(Spending the kids inheritance)

commercial TV did'nt start untill the fourties/nuclier power stations decades later (CalderHall)spacesailor

From wikipedia:

In television's electromechanical era, commercially made television sets were sold from 1928 to 1934 in the United Kingdom,[101] United States, and the Soviet Union.[102] The earliest commercially made sets sold by Baird in the UK in 1928 were radios with the addition of a television device consisting of a neon tube behind a mechanically spinning disk (the Nipkow disk) with a spiral of apertures that produced a red postage-stamp size image, enlarged to twice that size by a magnifying glass. The Baird "Televisor" was also available without the radio. The Televisor sold in 1930–1933 is considered the first mass-produced set, selling about a thousand units.[103]

As for nuclear power stations, they didn't start untill the 50's but the furst nuclear bombs were developed during WW2.