Show us your 2nd hand dream aircraft

I get sick of everyone saying how they want a new cirrus, or a millennium shark or some other polished plastic, fresh off the production line, new car smelling aircraft that costs more than a family home in the middle of sydney CBD.

So if you're limited to imagination only and not cost, but it must be second hand and at least, lets say 20-30 years old minimum, whats your dream aircraft?

For me, well there is not enough space in this thread to list them all! But I'm sucker for planes that I think "look" like they should. The Lincoln Sport, I think looks well....... 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

So thats my RAA-aus aircraft

For my favourite single engine GA the v-tail wins every time

But my all time FAVOURITE, makes me droll, gutta have one, will always be

• Like 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Howard Hughes

My one true love!012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Prefer it wthout those new fangled wingtips though, round is good!

I have about sixty hours in this old girl!

And if money was no object...

Call me nuts but I have a thing for midwing US Racers and their descendants... just something so exciting about these aircraft...

SONERAI 1. This would work with 19 rego...

CASSUT. I almost "dry humped" the leg of the pilot of this exciting machine at Temora... LOVE IT (ignore the Jabs in the background)

IMAG0345.jpg

• Like 1

A good Piper Twin Commanche would be my choice. A Lear Jet for the longer trips and a Grumman Ag Cat for muckin around..( If someone can post examples I would be grateful). Nev

Here you go Nev, your dream machines. I gave you the ag cat with the front seats so you can muck about with you're friends in tow. Also found a nice sleek looking comanche, because I figured a refined gent such as yourself needs an aircraft that looks as good as it flies!

• Like 1

Thanks Louis, They all look great.

djp, yeah I thought about that. Being practical YES, but if I have 3, the AGGI will do for muckin about, cause they go nearly as fast uphill as downhill when they're empty. Nev

Guest Howard Hughes
Here is one for those not to faint of heart! The fu-25 Fletcher, it's not a lot of aircraft being pulled by a lot of 250HP.Thats gotta be a lotta fun I would think 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

And for $155,000 it can be your's!!!!

You can get an old Lear for not much more than that (like the one your picture), if power to weight is what you are after!!

For Facthunter, even has a fresh 12 year inspection!

PS: Can I be your co-pilot?

Guest Howard Hughes

Last year at the Beech factory there was a beautifully restored Staggerwing (serial no 2 I think), I could be convinced for one of those, especially that one!

Ok....

Now this one is my "If you could have ONE airplane only" scenario and you aren't a Squillionaire...

Looking at the figures for a practical, economical family and fun machine, the one aeroplane that ticks IMO the most boxes and doesn't cost a fortune...

The classic Tri-Pacer...

• Like 2

My one true love!012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Prefer it wthout those new fangled wingtips though, round is good!

I have about sixty hours in this old girl!

Yes the Apache. Did my initial twin endorsement way back in they mid eighties in the Apache then on to the Aztec.

Cheers

• Like 1

I get sick of everyone saying how they want a new cirrus, or a millennium shark or some other polished plastic, fresh off the production line, new car smelling aircraft that costs more than a family home in the middle of sydney CBD.

If Lynx come up with an aftershave that smells like old aeroplane, I'd buy it.

I dunno what makes the smell, but all old aircraft have it.

• Like 6