Show us your 2nd hand dream aircraft

Guest Howard Hughes
I looked at the option of importing a standard Seabee - but as there are none currently in Australia decided against. Still may in the future !!

There has been at least one prevously on the register, as 3DB in Melbourne used to operate one! (now I'm showing my age)

According to this, the aircraft was in McKay, wonder if it's still there?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that you will find that you are describing an A-10 Warthog or F4 Phantom. The Hurricane, while an effective gun platform, is certainly not what I would call "attractive" or even "functional looking".

It was in 1939!

According to this aircraft is in McKay, wonder if it's still there?

There was one in Mackay... I was taken away a couple of years ago.

When I was about 11, was on holidays with the family in Mission Beach when a Seabee landed(with some damage), taxied up to the Pub at North Mission Beach and parked in the Car Park... I believe it basically fell into disrepair unloved over the next few years... it may have been the same aircraft that was in Mackay... surely they can't be that common that I saw two of this rare bird!

Forgot to add... I LOVE the Seabee... BUT... I would like one better with more HP.

They are incredible in the airframe department but all that weight apparently costs performance... the cockpit/cabin is like no other aircraft I had seen... The passengers can walk up to the front window and open it (not in flight of course!)

Here is a Youtube channel with lots of Seabees flying... http://www.youtube.com/user/AeroportStHyacinthe/videos?query=seabee

Forgot to add... I LOVE the Seabee... BUT... I would like one better with more HP.

First one I saw was in the James Bond film - but they blew it up !! I would like a standard one with the Franklin engine - but there are quite a number have been modified for heaps more horsepower