Moving forward

Hi all, im am proud to say that i am 15 years old and passed my flight test today. It has been the happiest moment in my aviation career so far. Having the privialges of flying an aircraft as pilot in command and knowing i am now a proud recreational pilot. Just curious to know the different paths people have taken from this step!!!!!

• Like 7

Well done buddy! Great to hear! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Where about's do you fly from? I'm also a fairly young pilot, 21 in 9 days... but who's counting! poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif Been flying for nearly 4 yrs or so now which has been pretty cool.

What do you want to do when you're older, aviation, or is it just a hobby?

• Like 1

Hey man, yeah i fly from caboolture areodrome in brisbane. Yeah thats awesome:laugh:. I have been flying for about 2 years now. I want to make avaiation my career and so ive been thinking im going to do my ppl theory now and so on and who knows maybe look into the airforce and maybe flying overseas or charter. How about yourself is flying just a hobby for you?

Congratulations young man it's always a pleasure to see someone from your generation with a passion for something. Flying will take you wherever you want to go, from here on in it's up to you. There is a lot of hard work and money to be spent if you want a career in aviation mind you that's pretty much the same with any career these days. Dig in and put in the hard yards and eventually you will get what you want.

The main thing is to enjoy whatever it is that you eventually decide on doing.

• Like 1

Cripes Shimi, a qualified pilot's cert holder at age 15?? That means you've only got about 70 years of flying time left. Better get into it. Heartiest congratulations!!

• Like 1

Congratulations young man it's always a pleasure to see someone from your generation with a passion for something. Flying will take you wherever you want to go, from here on in it's up to you. There is a lot of hard work and money to be spent if you want a career in aviation mind you that's pretty much the same with any career these days. Dig in and put in the hard yards and eventually you will get what you want.The main thing is to enjoy whatever it is that you eventually decide on doing.

i coulndt be any more inspired. Thank you alot and from here my journey begins as ive been told and i am going to dedicate myself to my passion of flying!!

Cripes Shimi, a qualified pilot's cert holder at age 15?? That means you've only got about 70 years of flying time left. Better get into it. Heartiest congratulations!!

It seems crazy but i cant believe i did but credit to my dad for paying wekk in and week out to help be strive for what iw ant in life and again thank you!
  • Like 2

Hey man, yeah i fly from caboolture areodrome in brisbane. Yeah thats awesome:laugh:. I have been flying for about 2 years now. I want to make avaiation my career and so ive been thinking im going to do my ppl theory now and so on and who knows maybe look into the airforce and maybe flying overseas or charter. How about yourself is flying just a hobby for you?

Awesome! So going by your Avatar you would be flying with Neil and Co and GoFly! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif Great bunch.

I'm just west of you at Cecil Plains 350klms or so... yeah get into the theory part and get them over and done with, and you'll fly through the other part - literally! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif That's what I did.

Yes I'm kinda heading towards doing mission flying eventually, but at the moment just enjoying what I can and trying to make ends meet as a mobile diesel fitter... will have to catch up sometime, I know Neil pretty well.

Awesome! So going by your Avatar you would be flying with Neil and Co and GoFly! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif Great bunch.I'm just west of you at Cecil Plains 350klms or so... yeah get into the theory part and get them over and done with, and you'll fly through the other part - literally! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif That's what I did.

Yes I'm kinda heading towards doing mission flying eventually, but at the moment just enjoying what I can and trying to make ends meet as a mobile diesel fitter... will have to catch up sometime, I know Neil pretty well.

yeah they are the ones that got me to where i am today and i couldnt have done it without them, and yeah if you ever come around let me know and will catch up, i need to start building my contacts haha

Hi all, im am proud to say that i am 15 years old and passed my flight test today. It has been the happiest moment in my aviation career so far. Having the privialges of flying an aircraft as pilot in command and knowing i am now a proud recreational pilot. Just curious to know the different paths people have taken from this step!!!!!

Fantastic news! ...and congratulations. May you be blessed with many more years of enjoyable flying!!

Yes, I think you should start on the PPL theory course too. Even if you never get beyond recreational flying, the additional theory will be well worth knowing. But, being young and enthusiastic, I think you'll probably progress well beyond what you have reached now. Go for it 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

• Like 1

Fantastic news! ...and congratulations. May you be blessed with many more years of enjoyable flying!!Yes, I think you should start on the PPL theory course too. Even if you never get beyond recreational flying, the additional theory will be well worth knowing. But, being young and enthusiastic, I think you'll probably progress well beyond what you have reached now. Go for it 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Thank you and i agree your advice is very helpfull and sounds exactly like what ill be doing in the next feww months of my flying career. than you again :)