RAA 2011/12 financial report

fly_tornado

Would you have liked to have read some fact and figures on RAA financials?

Thankfully Eugene is on the ball and offers us this in-depth insight,

"

I have been with AUF /Ra-Aus since it first started and seen all of the improvements both in aircraft and the airspace that we can fly in. Over the years we have managed to increase the quality, safety, weight and diversity of our aircraft. This has improved the safety and enjoyment of flight for our members and has been one of the reasons for our exceptional growth.

"

001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

I absolutely agree with his 'Statement' which does not have to be 'in depth'.

RAA financials is a different story altogether.

I have also been a member of AUF/Ra-Aus since its inception and agree with his statement.

Did you want to know my Financials? 096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

Alan.

Guest Maj Millard

This is not a personal business, it is a member-based sporting organization, and the members have a right to yearly financial disclosurers, to judge the health of the organization, and how well it is being managed............................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I absolutely agree with his 'Statement' which does not have to be 'in depth'.

I don't know the context of this statement... Is this is our Treasurer's Statement... or one made by Mr Reid as a normal member?

Guest Andys@coffs

Its really quite simple. The constitution specifically identifies that financial reporting is to be provided to the members at specific times of the year. That part of the constitution is relatively new having been put in place as a result of percieved poor reporting performance in recent years. Eugene and or the board are choosing to ignore that constitutional obligation and have not performed IAW that obligation. I would pressume those that agitated for its inclussion in the Constitution are "Not happy Jan!!" and may well use the safety valves that we voted into the constitution at the last AGm to call for a general meeting in order to ask the board to please explain why they are choosing to ignore something that they have no ability to ignore.

Along the same vein...I note that the constitution on the website still has not been updated to reflect the changes voted in place a month ago...perhaps Im being unreasonably harsh in expecting an update in under a month........

Unfortunately fly-tornado is always somewhat short on words and it is often difficult to understand exactly what he is getting at.Could you please expand on your post so there is no confusion.

Alan.

Guernsey, I enjoy Uncle Eugene's down to earth fireside chats and down on the farm style of financial analysis, it does give me a great deal of pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...

All,

I note that there is now, about 6 weeks after the AGM, still no set of audited accounts on the RAA website.

I further note that the Treasurer said in his Statement that the Auditors had advised that all is sweet ......... so did he have them audited or not, and if he did, why not present those?

This is unconstitutional, unusual, unacceptable, amateurish and pathetic to present a set of unaudited accounts to an AGM.

Overall it certainly shows a lack of Governance, control and internal systems within RAAus.

And now after reading the November magazine, we have a report by the President that does not mention the accounts, we have a set of pathetic, incomplete and slanted answers to David Isaac's questions on notice (at the AGM) ..... and they were "On notice" for goodness sake ..... AND in the latest magazine we FINALLY have a report from Tizzard (given his performance and actions I now refuse to refer to him as a CEO) who gives us about 7 column paragraphs in his "REPORT", most of which was about how to fly a circuit.

These guys are in cookoo-land and based on all of the above and Don Ramsay's letter in the Nov Sport Pilot, I can only conclude that RA Aus is now being run very badly ..... is out-of-control ..... and apparently with bugger all protection for the Board Members by way of Insurance.

The lack of proper financial reporting would be enough on its own, but with all the other loose ends, I am left with the only real course of action being to conclude that the members need to appoint an Administration Team to sort out what is really going on and to get the procedures and systems back in place.

I know that most members don't give a Rats, but if this is not sorted out by a team that know what they are doing, this might come back to bite all Board Members and Ordinary Members on the bum and in the wallet.

Regards Geoff

• Like 2

Guest Andys@coffs

In the last Magazine Don Ramsay has a letter to the editor where he talks of gathering the signatures of those that are concerned with a view to calling a general meeting in (I think) Jan or Feb (sorry away from home cant remeber exactly which month it is) next year when the board are all physically in Canberra.

If you, like Captain above, are concerned then can I suggest you drag out one of your old magazines that has Don Ramsays contact details and give him a ring and discuss and if of a like mind arrange to get your details and proof of agreement to him.

A general meeting where the members set the agenda has the potential to deal with much more content and at much greater detail than an AGM allows where the AGM has a defined agenda which cant be varied without prior notice going out to all members well in advance of the meeting. The GM has the potential to allow much more detailed probing of affairs and it can take as long as it needs to take to get to the bottom of an issue and make some deciaions for the future.

I would encourage if at all possible that members who are concerned in addition to ringing and discussing with Don, also see if at all possibloe to plan to be at that Canberra meeting.

I too think things are coming to a head and thats with or without member involvement. If you choose not to be involved then you must be prepared to watch an accident in progress...Insurance is pivotal (as our safety barrier) and is insufficient in my opinion.

Andy