Goulburn -> Bathurst -> Walcha (Tamworth)

boingk

Hey there everyone probably a bit late notice but thought I'd give a heads up of my trip tomorrow.

If you'd like to fly along then I'll be leaving Goulburn Sunday morning around 10am for arrival at Bathurst around 11am. Quick refuel/coffee/watch check and off to Walcha - somewhat past Tamworth.

Plan is to return before last light, or stay overnight if there is not enough time or conditions change from predicted.

Cheers all - boingk

Guest Howard Hughes

Sounds like fun, have a great day and watch your density altitude if it's hot, Walcha is Australias highest airport!012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Enoch

I hope the trip went well.

You know that the more you fly the minicab the harder it will be to let it go!

Howard, for what it is worth, I think the honour of Australia's highest airport may go to Caramurra, operated by SMA, and sits 4,800 feet ASL. Also, the Mount Hotham strip is 4,260 feet ASL.

Cheers

Steve

Cheers guys, and yeah I didn't want to sell her to start with!

The trip was great, even though I didn't make Walcha. I hit turbulence over the Blue Mountains and it didn't seem like it wanted to go away. Coupled with smoke from bushfires I thought it a wise idea to turn back to Bathurst, refuel, and head for home.

A great trip nonetheless, only regret is not being able to find my camera.

- boingk