RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

Find out who she is, send her a bunch of flowers then nominate her for the position of CEO.Alan.

I deal with the front line staff on a daily basis and find all of them very professional and helpful, I can count on them even when I stuff up paperwork! There's no problem at the front end in my opinion...

• Like 5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this latest situation must have sharpened up the office a lot. I passed my cross country flight test and exam on Friday morning. Bill must have faxed or emailed the paperwork for me when he got home before lunch....lo and behold my new endorsed licence turned up in the mail today.....holy crap that was super fast....so the office girl is certainly on top of things and I thank her for that

Always was.

• Like 2

My experience of the administrative staff has been limited, but they are very efficient. My certificate came through in a couple of days, and the only time I rang them with a query, I received a simple, useful, & courteous answer in a phone call that lasted about 90 seconds.

We don't have a problem there.

dodo

• Like 1

Yep - just been thru the pilot license renewal recently

Service is great with all things admin .................... even when I got cranky about me using an old form that would not be accepted (don't know where I got it from) service was ......... greater

Same here. Great service. I renewed my pilots certificate on line and bought an aircraft log book - they arrived within days. I also spoke to someone in the office about registering my project, a Jabiru UL450, and received a complete package very quickly along with helpful advice on the phone. Makes me wonder whose side the ex RAAus executive members now employed by the government are on. Or whether they actually do have the betterment of our organisation at heart.

Same here. Great service. I renewed my pilots certificate on line and bought an aircraft log book - they arrived within days. I also spoke to someone in the office about registering my project, a Jabiru UL450, and received a complete package very quickly along with helpful advice on the phone. Makes me wonder whose side the ex RAAus executive members now employed by the government are on. Or whether they actually do have the betterment of our organisation at heart.

If only it was that simplistic.

Guest airsick

I have just heard that the CEO and Tech Manager are no longer with us. My question is this - the tech manager hasn't been there long and yet they are pinning the audit failures on him? If I had any faith in the current board (and I had little) it has all just completely vanished.

Blaming all this crap on the new guy is code for saying "we need to do something but we don't know what, let's just fire someone instead".

Latest news: the CEO Steve Tizzard has resigned ... and Adam Finn has gone also.

I am of the view that Adam is the fall guy in all this, how could he possibly be anything else; he is brand new and inherited this whole mess.

The responsibility overall is squarely in the hands of the Board, and is this latest fiasco an attempt to steer the responsibility away from the Board?

• Like 3

speaking to the Tassie RAA rep today(ER)..he informs me that CASA has restored RAA ability to renew a/c registrations..

Has anybody actually been able to renew an raa rego since the renewal ban was imposed?

Has anybody actually been able to renew an raa rego since the renewal ban was imposed?

No you cannot until the new Consultant is in place and he cannot take the position until the 23rd. So nothing will happen until then.

At an average of 13 renewals per day ... how many RA Aus aircraft are grounded at this time since renewals stopped week before last? ... a lot of unhappy people.

And see how it is phrased below. Looks like he has done nothing wrong in his stellar career.

I guess this might be cheaper for the organisation, than the alternative, but is this the 1st stage of nobody being held properly accountable for the mess that the organisation, staff, Board and Executive have allowed themselves to get into?

And the way this is phrased it looks like he is about to be re-employed as a part time consultant to write up the stuff that he was supposed to write up while employed full time. If so, RAA really HAS become an extension of the public service.

Geeez Louise .................................

And still no Audited Accounts or Minutes from the AGM ....... that I can find on the website.

Members and friends

I have only had six jobs in my fifty year working life and it is now time for me to look at the more satisfying aspects of employment. To me that satisfaction comes from researching and writing up complex issues that every aviation organization is frequently required to do.

There is a crying need within RA-Aus for someone to write up much that has been on the back-burner for years due to time constraints, as indicated above.

I feel I achieved a lot in the period I worked on these issues before becoming CEO and now wish to return to that role on a part time basis. This will free up time to spend with grandchildren and other interests I have in life that have been thwarted by the working routine of a CEO.

In view of the above I will relinquish the CEO position on Friday 4 January 2013.

Kindest regards to all.

Steve Tizzard

20 November 2012

• Like 1

Guest Andys@coffs
Gotta say this Tech Manager got an even worse run than the previous guys. Anyone want to put there hand up for that job?

He came into the role with the management knowing it was a pile of Excreta and it got steadily worse until a week or so ago when it went completely non linear! I imagine his work/home life balance was probably crap looking back and worse looking forward and if we look at where he could rise to in the organisation....we see he was already there!

I sincerely wish him the best and hope that his next role is better for Adam and his family.

A very difficult decision for him in the current climate. He was ex defence and none of the defence contractors are likely to be wanting additional staff as the Govs "We gotta have a surplus no matter who we kill in achieving it" is destroying that sector of private industry at present.....Hopefully he impressed Mr Ungerman and maybe CASA can assist he and his family to continue eating!

The way I see it the Tech man has been made a "scapegoat" by the outgoing CEO and the Executive / Board. I have not seen that he has done anything wrong for he had no assistance in his role and as the past CEO said, that was the Tech's area, not my responsibility. Actually the Tech should have been getting help by the Board / Executive / CEO as it is the role of the association , not one person.

• Like 1

Perceptive little bugga aren't you Scot ...

Call me cynical but when we had the Defence contract for funerals we use to see it a lot. Young guys join up thinking the world is their oyster only to get up in their 30's and 40's to find there is no where to go. It was always sad to see them end it under such circumstances. Anyway I digress...back to topic...

Guest Andys@coffs
The CEO has been the first to fall, others will have to follow now

Maybe so, but it wont just happen, it needs to be made to happen!

Things are changing at such a fast rate at present. It was the driver for many that ST be removed....thats would seem to no longer be needed but there is still much that needs doing.

As always its not so much the question of what needs to be done but how that translates into action and more importantly outcomes....

Andy

Has it finally dawned on the executive just how angry we are and just how out of touch they are? There should be no part time work for the CEO they all need to be taken of the teat. This has been a fiasco that has sullied the movements reputation and will set back increased privileges for many years to come. As a movement we need to examine our whole structure and streamline rego categories. The standard of training and maintenance has to be lifted and closer examination needs to be paid to the standard of both imported aircraft and locally produced ones. We are too big to operate like a sporting club, there is too much at stake.

• Like 9