RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Ozzie. I will put the sticker out to the highest bidder if you like.Nick

Brian and I will be going to Canberra for the February General Meeting, Is that payment enough?

Kiwi.

Can someone tell me who has either of these two signs available that we can add mtow figures to or can we fabricate them ourselves. Infomation for me and everyone else.Thanks

Try: http://www.mrrace.com/mykitairplane/passwarn/index.htm for different kinds of US based placards. Perhaps someone Down Under could do something like this too?

Another Renewal update

Hi guys,

I have been informed all the backlog of renewals, held back since CASA withdrew renewal approval, went into the mail on Monday night. Those Members with renewals due should receive theirs in the mail today or tomorrow.

John McK

• Like 5

Guest airsick
Another Renewal update

Hi guys,

I have been informed all the backlog of renewals, held back since CASA withdrew renewal approval, went into the mail on Monday night. Those Members with renewals due should receive theirs in the mail today or tomorrow.

John McK

How many? While I appreciate communication and the efforts you're putting in John I am fed up of being kept in the dark and find this extremely infuriating. Are we talking a backlog of 10? 20? 500? We have still have no idea?!?!

No, this is not a personal attack on you. Just another pi$$ed off member still wondering WTF is going on...

How many? While I appreciate communication and the efforts you're putting in John I am fed up of being kept in the dark and find this extremely infuriating. Are we talking a backlog of 10? 20? 500? We have still have no idea?!?!No, this is not a personal attack on you. Just another pi$$ed off member still wondering WTF is going on...

Hi Airsick, I personally do not know the number. But we generally get in about 10 to 15 renewals a day, you can do the sums. All have been individually audited, and those with no missing documents would have gone for processing and need to come off the list. I just don't know the number Airsick. I have a personal guesstimate, but it would not be right to post it here. Officially, I strive hard to only post known facts on this Forum.

Sorry

JohnMcK

• Like 9

Guest airsick
Hi Airsick, I personally do not know the number. But we generally get in about 10 to 15 renewals a day, you can do the sums. All have been individually audited, and those with no missing documents would have gone for processing and need to come off the list. I just don't know the number Airsick. I have a personal guesstimate, but it would not be right to post it here. Officially, I strive hard to only post known facts on this Forum.Sorry

JohnMcK

As I said John, my post wasn't aimed at you, I am very appreciative of the information that you have posted here. It's just a shame that everyone (including you it seems) is being kept in the dark by the executive.

So, after more than 40,000 viewings of this thread are we any the wiser on the basis of information from the RA-Aus website? I'm not.

Why is it that the Board, who all read this site and make up many of the viewings but almost none of the posts, cannot see that there is a demand for information?

Has RA-Aus posted any of the Audit reports on the official site? Any information of any kind about the Safety Audits that is quantitative not general waffle?

What will it take to wake up these people, our representatives, so that they get the message that we want to know what TF is going on.

• Like 4

Guest Andys@coffs

lies, damn lies and statistics........

40,000 views sounds impressive, but Ive read each and every post on this thread, all 1158 of them. Is that 1 view or 1158 views...........I suspect somewhere inbetween but if you knock of some zeros to account for revisits of the converted choir then perhaps there are still an aweful lot of RAAus members who are thinking Problem? what problem?

Andy

So, after more than 40,000 viewings of this thread are we any the wiser on the basis of information from the RA-Aus website? I'm not.Why is it that the Board, who all read this site and make up many of the viewings but almost none of the posts, cannot see that there is a demand for information?

Has RA-Aus posted any of the Audit reports on the official site? Any information of any kind about the Safety Audits that is quantitative not general waffle?

What will it take to wake up these people, our representatives, so that they get the message that we want to know what TF is going on.

Alfa

From what I have learnt and seen on these issues over the past 24 months or more, I am almost of the opinion that while some of the Board Members are firmly in the Executives clique (or fairy circle), many/some of the Board Members have in fact been kept about as much in the dark as many of the membership. It also appears that those who ask the most questions (or who do try to communicate with their members) are the ones that are most likely to be excluded from the circle of knowledge, and this appears to be consistant with what Ian Baker experienced. Would you care to comment on that Ian?

I cite a couple of examples:

1 I understand that a number of Board Members have been requesting a copy of the legal opinion on which the Secretary based his reinstatement of Steve Runciman to the positions of Nth Qld Rep, Board Member and President, after he had firmly, clearly and definitively resigned from them all. Those Board Members who are asking the questions still don't have a complete answer (or didn't have one as of last night).

2 Some Board Members were chasing the accounts and I believe did not see them until around the time we did.

3 Some Board Members chased details after the 1st Audit failure and could not get a response from the President at that time.

So my conclusion is that the Executive is where the main problem lies, and one of the main sub-issues is their paranoid need for secrecy on all but the most mundane of issues, with some Board Members certainly being complicit in the "cone of secrecy" mentality. And once a Board Members presses for the info they need to do their jobs, they are seen as trouble makers and frozen out of the fairy circle.

And I can't for the life of me see why there is this need for absolute secrecy on so many issues, unless there is something to hide (although after speaking with AndyS today about what he has found, maybe we are onto something). Surely that can be the only reason?

If I have missed something, can someone please let me know.

Regards Geoff

• Like 7