The Diary of Jack Flyer

flyerme

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do yourselves a favour and get a copy. I got mine a few days ago. It is bloody awesome...spelling mistakes and all! It has a real special vibe to it. You won't be disappointed. This is like Biggles for Ultralight Enthusiasts...

Yes as per editors advice . " spelling mistakes make it more real! :)

• Agree 1

yeah the proof reader needs a proof reader, ha.

I will wait until Maj. Comments.

Seriously though, when reading the first episodes on this forum, I enjoyed the roughness, adventure and humour.

Stuff the spelling.

We are not all high school dux's.

PHIL

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Tis just the way it is, we are not all the same thank the goodness for that as life would be very boring if we were all the same.

Who gives a hoot if the proof reader missed a couple, at least he offered to do his best for flyerme, bet Tim didn't have a hundred of us filling his inbox with offers to proof read it for him. (I for one didn't and sorry about that Tim)

Even the worlds best editors of the glossy magazines & newspapers cQck up.

I make a few spelling errors and frankly don't give two hoots, if it bugs people don't read my posts as I sure won't lose sleep over it.

I'm with Jab Phil, once you get in to reading a chapter of two your in to it or you should be, if your picking up on spelling mistakes maybe you should be reading Cleo or Woman's day magazines.

Alf

• Agree 1

Yes as per editors advice . " spelling mistakes make it more real! :)

Agree, really made it fun and put me there. I think when it goes to 2nd edition, perhaps the word "wether" can be corrected in the review, I am sure Maj meant "whether" but yeah the spelling in the story itself really made me believe I was reading someone's private thoughts.

The story and the presentation and the ending were all just brilliant, I am sure I'll read this over again. "What's that smell?" chapter had me pissing myself with laughter!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Banjo Pattersons line comes to mind.Clancy's gone to Qld droving and we don't know where he are.

Where was the proof reader then? 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

That's 'cause "we don't know where he is" doesn't rhyme with "thumbnail dipped in tar".

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

That's 'cause "we don't know where he is" doesn't rhyme with "thumbnail dipped in tar".

No that is because when that was written we were more interested in the storyline than whether "his shearing mate who wrote it" had a silver spoon education or not.

• Agree 1

No that is because when that was written we were more interested in the storyline than whether "his shearing mate who wrote it" had a silver spoon education or not.

My post was a little tongue-in-cheek, obviously if Banjo wanted to have given the shearing mate a higher level of literacy then he could have made the previous line rhyme with "is".

He's deliberately pointing out the shearing mate's lack of education, in order to add colour. I agree, it adds to the storyline.

• Like 1

29 books sold . Need a sale in NT and TAS. Then I'll have a copy in every state and territory 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif Just saying

I'll be your Tas sale, I was just waiting for the kindle version to come out, but if you're in a rush I'll take a paper copy.

• Like 1

I'll be your Tas sale, I was just waiting for the kindle version to come out, but if you're in a rush I'll take a paper copy.

Digital version could be some way off yet , paper copies pay for initial set up costs. If you don't want to wait pm me :)

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard
I will wait until Maj. Comments.Seriously though, when reading the first episodes on this forum, I enjoyed the roughness, adventure and humour.

Stuff the spelling.

We are not all high school dux's.

PHIL

All....happy you are enjoying the book. It was my pleasure to help Tim edit the book after another had done a quick proof read. There were a lot of spelling / grammer mistakes corrected the long hard way with Tim and I comparing notes for around three weeks.

The mistakes/ spelling errors that were left in we thought added to the rough, quick nature of a rough and quickly written diary by a country gentleman. The book may not have happened if we hadn't moved it along as we did in an attempt to get it for Avalon..( which didn't happen). Both Tim and I spent many valuable hours on getting it to you, which neither of us had to spare. I am personally overjoyed to have helped Tim and to now see the book in print.

During the layout process by the printer they wanted more bucks to re- edit the book after also noting some mistakes. Tim and I agreed 'stuff em' it adds to the character of the hole ( whole !) story........:).....sorry. Hope you all agree !...

I

All....happy you are enjoying the book. It was my pleasure to help Tim edit the book after another had done a quick proof read. There were a lot of spelling / grammer mistakes corrected the long hard way with Tim and I comparing notes for around three weeks.The mistakes/ spelling errors that were left in we thought added to the rough, quick nature of a rough and quickly written diary by a country gentleman. The book may not have happened if we hadn't moved it along as we did in an attempt to get it for Avalon..( which didn't happen). Both Tim and I spent many valuable hours on getting it to you, which neither of us had to spare. I am personally overjoyed to have helped Tim and to now see the book in print.

During the layout process by the printer they wanted more bucks to re- edit the book after also noting some mistakes. Tim and I agreed 'stuff em' it adds to the character of the hole ( whole !) story........:).....sorry. Hope you all agree !...

I have not got my copy yet, but I am sure it will be a nice change from the day to day demanded perfection everyone is supposed to produce as a human being in today's society.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Tim,I'll speak to Kerrie, our fly in organiser and get you a space to promote your book at our fly in.

Careful with MTOW in the Nieuport

Hope all is well at home.

Cheers

PHIL

That would be AWESOME. THANK YOU PHIL

• Like 1