The Diary of Jack Flyer

flyerme

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE: the above comment is not directed at me!

I am a very bad speller and have grammer to match :)

Everyone on here knows that :)

Now Tas done just need a NT sale ....... Hint hint

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Sold 34 so far. Thank you guys and gals. Feel free to PM me your review. 103_score_001.gif.0354254b719c2e1032fedf21c3779e8a.gif107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif.? No wuggers

I haven't read it yet Tim but going by the bits you put in on here it already rates a 10/10, anything on flying adventures rate quite high for me as I don't read much more than aviation stuff these days, only 9 more days at work and I will get my hot little hands on it.

Alf

NOTE: the above comment is not directed at me! I am a very bad speller and have grammer to match :)

Everyone on here knows that :)

Now Tas done just need a NT sale ....... Hint hint

Well Tim your grammar isn't to bad on the above, just proves your improving each day and the book has done you good in many ways.

The only grammar mistake unless I'm wrong in the above is you spelt grammer.

Alf

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine and read it all in one sitting. I had vowed to just read a little bit and keep the rest to read a few chapters every day. But once started, I couldn't stop! Recommended reading for all who remember the early days of ultralight flying. I read out bits to Mr Vizsla who usually won't read a book unless it is a manual, and even he found it riveting. The spelling is correct, it is just the word that is wrong - eg yolk for yoke, but that all makes for the "grassroots" flavour of the book.

It is a great discussion starter for accidents and airmanship. We've had discussions about how that one could be avoided, or if that design element would achieve anything, and why anyone would do that. Put one in your local flying school.

Recommended reading for young and old.

Sue

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

I got mine and read it all in one sitting. I had vowed to just read a little bit and keep the rest to read a few chapters every day. But once started, I couldn't stop! Recommended reading for all who remember the early days of ultralight flying. I read out bits to Mr Vizsla who usually won't read a book unless it is a manual, and even he found it riveting. The spelling is correct, it is just the word that is wrong - eg yolk for yoke, but that all makes for the "grassroots" flavour of the book.  

It is a great discussion starter for accidents and airmanship. We've had discussions about how that one could be avoided, or if that design element would achieve anything, and why anyone would do that. Put one in your local flying school.

Recommended reading for young and old.

Sue

Thanks Sue , appreciate it

image.jpg.55e6e77a46975f90124f09568b14bbbc.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to Shane for winning the ' GOFLYING AUSTRALIA PODCAST' Copy of my book " The Diary of JACK FLYER "

And also

Congratulations to Toby for winning the 'Sport Pilot Magazine ' copy of my book

Enjoy guys

For anyone not informed there is a very interesting flying podcast ( audio) with interviews from the likes of Matt Hall to little ol me :)

Check it out ' GOFLYING AUSTRALIA PODCAST '. Forum member RecFlyer

Thank you every one who has bought my book

Not one negative review yet. And most like to read it more than once

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

When you say in the interview that you like to "dress up", you do mean for flying don't you?

Damn you're on to me . How did you know my ww1 boots are really woman's knee high boots from Kmart? 028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

• Haha 1
  • Caution 1

Oh by the way... Tip Top 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif Bwa ha ha ha, what a goose. Lol. My wife laughed her but off when she heard it. Ref- GOFLYING AUSTRALIA PODCAST...episode 011

Any way Tip Top ol chap

Damn you're on to me . How did you know my ww1 boots are really woman's knee high boots from Kmart? 028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

And I do like that nice big aviator's scarf you got to go with the boots. Genuine silk from Target I presume?

rgmwa

• Haha 1

Yay just sent a book to NT. That's a copy in every state and territory now and 1 NZ. 1 US and 3UK

And all positive reviews :) Sport pilot mag editor Review page 64 this months edition ....

STILL SOME PAPER BACK COPIES LEFT :) PM ME TO GRAB A COPY of my book 'The Diary of "JACK FLYER"

• Winner 1

When my wife wrote and published her books, she was contacted by the National Archives in Canberra re copies for their collection. We can't remember how that came about but it might be worth contacting them so that you get your book preserved for prosperity. We understand that they hold copies of every book written in Australia.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone, been a bit quite as I've been busy...

Have just finished my original music Album and began on a new project .

A huge project ;). Have another plane that I'm beginning to rebuild ( mk3 invader Motor Glider ) and hope to pick up Black Betty in coming months

( yes still have the lighty and Nieupy). I have a new shipment of books also ( on sale at moment pm me for Details)

New project refers to thread ;). I'll say no more on that one..

Also involved in a documentary following a socially and financially challenged young man ( 25 yo) following his dream of obtaining his Rec Cert...

I will be at Nhill Airshow 10 oct in lightwing. And ( CASA approval pending) will be doing a Display in my Nieuport with the Tiger Moths at James Town Airshow oct 18. Fun :) image.jpg.69fa93db30d9386b399cdf1e9b4c874c.jpg

image.jpg.9b7ab727dc977141584f9f2fef1b29da.jpg

• Like 5